1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

JD L130 deck problems HOLES

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bdoutdoors, Oct 20, 2006.

1. bdoutdoors

bdoutdoors LawnSite Member

my deck has a hole wore in it at the rear of the discharge. This is the second deck since i purchased it in april 2004. My yard is 3ac and is not anymore sandy than others in area. I do run high lift blades and bag leafs in the fall. Should i be at fault just because i run hi lifts and bag? shouldn't the deck have been designed to handle these condtions? I have owned JD equipment 20 plus years and have always had great service from there products. Any help would be thankful.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing is built like it use to be, I would suggest low lift blades when mowing then change to high lifts in the fall for bagging. Have a welding shop repair the hole.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I think you have the wrong machine for the job. Probably should have gotten something in the 300+ series. I really dont know what current models JD offers, but the machine you have is meant for someone with 1/2-3/4 of an acre.