1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

jd lt series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danlawnser, May 2, 2001.

1. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

I need to get a small lawn tractor. which lt should I get? The lt 155 with a 15 hp kohler single cylinder or a lt 166 with a 16 hp briggs vangaurd V twin. The difference in price is 300 bucks. This mower will be kind of like a back up machine. It will be used mainly in leaf season although. Hope you can help me.

2. ELC/IA

ELC/IA LawnSite Member

Go with the 166 i had one last year and they are a excellent choice if you dont do to much mowing but they will handle alot. The v-twin is much smoother and plenty of power for the 48 in. deck i had. The 155 is probably alright but your choice of decks is limited. Good Luck

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If I was going to buy a light back up machine and leaf machine, it wouldn't be a home owner mower, it would be a commercial mower, even if it was a used one. I have been there and done that, I started out with a new JD 185 back in 1985. Wish I had know what I know now. ;)