Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JD Max Z-Trak 777...
I work for an electrical utility company and we maintain the electrical equipment along with the substation yards. The yards we cut(30 plus) are of various terrains. Some are in pretty good shape and some are rough, some with hills. We've been using a Kubota 1750 tractor w/ a bush hog for the last 14 years or so. They say it's time to replace the Kubota and plan on going with a ZT mower. One of the ones they have mentioned is the John Deere Max Z-Trak 777. 60" deck with a 27 hp Kawasaki. Does anyone on here run this particular mower and if so what do you think? Any other suggestions are welcomed. Btw, the bush hog we had was a 48" deck. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You will have great results with that machine I have a 797 same machine with fuel injection awesome cutter in all conditions.Just make sure that you get a 7## series not the new 800 series as they are very problematic

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have great results with that machine I have a 797 same machine with fuel injection awesome cutter in all conditions.Just make sure that you get a 7## series not the new 800 series as they are very problematic
I was just getting ready to edit this. Now that I've looked at the JD website I think it's the 797 they are looking at.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your signature says you have a tank. What do you use it for and how do you like it ?
I have a 2004 TANK M48. It has the 19 hp Kawasaki, 48" deck. I don't mow as a business, just here at home. I use it on 5 acres, some of the terrain is a little rough and some hills in back of the house. The TANK seems to be built well but it is a rough rider. I wish I had a little more power, say like the 23 hp Kaw the new TANKS have. The extra 4 horses may help pull my big butt around a little better. All in all I like the TANK though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.