jdl recommended program

jbrows

LawnSite Member
step one dimension 19-0-06 wth fert .15 dim (end of march)
step two same thing end of may
step three allectus June with or without fert
step four 24-0-11 sep
step five 30-0-10 nov (winterizer)
spot spray with either q4 or eliminate at step two and in fall

what do you guys think of this program
I thought step two if i put it down at full rate it is possible to burn because in this area temps could be between 80-100
also i thought the winterizer is way to high in N, i thought somethin like 9-19-18
should be more like it

what do you guys think?

qbacker

LawnSite Member
Thats the program I have used for the last 7-8 years and it was working well with little break through of crabgrass. Due to the current NJ fert limitations this plan is out the window. Goto the Rutgers site for more details.

OP
J

jbrows

LawnSite Member
thanks, i thought it would be to hot to put down second app in June especially with the crazy temps around here, ill check that out

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Substitute grub control for the Allectus. I would blanket Eliminate weed control in spring or early summer. Spot spray summer annual weeds and crab during hot periods. Blanket Three-way herbicide in October.

OP
J

jbrows

LawnSite Member
ive never used allectus before ive been using zenith i believe last year which is a generic form of merit

thanks for your help

also ive been using q4 not eliminate not sure if its a better product for my area

thanks again

mattfromNY

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone have any input on Acelepryn for grubs. Supposed to be much more 'environmentally friendly' to the earthworms, bees, etc. I used it last year, but dont really have an opinion yet, due to very little grub pressure and the crazy weather last year.