1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Jeff's Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jeffslawnservice, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it does, i have tryed that a few times on small clean-ups but on the larger ones that fill up the whole truck it is hard to get a mower in there with all the leaves. A trailer will make everything so much easiler.

2. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i know how it feels to have a job done and be like crap the trucks full!! Luckly my dad has a truck too so he comes and gets the equipment and i go and dump.

3. jeffslawnservice

Yea I've had that truck full alot this season since I got it. Had leaves packed in there so tight that they wouldent come out today at the dump.

4. Ben's Landscape

yeah me 2. It is a nice work out pitch forking it out!! I really had to dump the leaves this weekend we had a lot of rain and they sat in my truck for a week rotten and wet. The truck was smelling like a landfill at school!!:laugh::laugh:

Do you use a pitch fork for the leaves??

5. jeffslawnservice

I know what you mean by a landfill. I was at the dump yesturday right after school and when I walked in my brother goes " you smell like mulch. But yes I use a pitch fork and also a pick axe. Pick axe helps break them up after they have been all compacted down. I'm thinking of buying one of those load handlers. From what I have seen they work pretty good.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

limited budget may be a concern 4 u, but a used dump insert may be a great option 4 u

7. jeffslawnservice

I do have a limited budget due to college being a factor but I have a decent amount saved up. Can you put a dump insert in a F-150? Or will it be to heavy?

8. Ben's Landscape

I would only put a dump insert in a 250 or higher. Just because of the wieght. Also I would not put a 1 ton suspension under your truck and work it like a 1 ton. Because the chasis is not rated for what the springs will be. Just my opinion.

9. jeffslawnservice

Thats what i thought. I never really looked into one because of only having a F-150. Thought that even if I did put a ez dump in that would be 1000 lbs. in my bed already and with leaves and stuff I would be over loaded alot. My last dump I had over 2000 lbs of leaves in my truck and if I had a dump insert in there that would have been over 3000 lbs. Wish I had a bigger truck.

10. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Simple setup the van with the 21 brings memories back for me now I have a trailer and dont need to have 21s to do lawns in other neighborhoods