Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ocean City, NJ

Don't need one as far as I know.

2. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

I'm still confused on the requirements. I think I see things that say any GCWR of 10,001 lbs or more, which would be almost every truck and trailer is required to have a DOT # , inspection, doctors physical with medical cards. And others I see say only if you cross state lines, & others say 26,000 lbs.
    http://www.njsp.org/njadoption/faqs.shtml

JLSLLC likes this.
  3. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

You make a great point, wondering the same, thanks for bringing it up, always makes me wonder when hauling stone or soil.

I've heard you need to register with DOT if you a combined weight over 10k, if my memory serves me right.

Feel free to correct

hort101 and oqueoque like this.
  4. Rick L

Rick L LawnSite Member

Yes I do use borries great place to do bis with

JLSLLC and oqueoque like this.
  5. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

I see about 1 out of 200, over 10,001 GVWR lawncare trucks with a DOT#. I talked to the owner of A&J garden center in Pennsauken & he said they got stopped by the DRPA bridge police after coming back from delivering stone in Pa.. I also had the guy from Jerry's Mobile Truck Repair tell me he got stopped on 295 by the weigh station around Salem by the state police.

I guess if you go on the highways, you have a better chance of getting stopped. Both had vehicles that did not require a CDL. All the DOT info on the internet is confusing.

Down in Maryland they seem to get stopped all the time from what I read on here.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    hort101 and JLSLLC like this.
  6. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

I need a different Stihl dealer. Two up by me take forever to get things repaired, that I can not do. All Seasons in Audubon & Voorhees Hardware. Waiting a month is nuts.

JLSLLC likes this.
  7. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Hey I will private message, or vice Versa

hort101 likes this.
  8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Borries are great ppl, good call!

I go to rental country for my stihl parts, not sure of turn around time,
    But one of the main mechanics is awesome, and makes sure to cover everything about a machine, from new to rental

Rick L, hort101 and oqueoque like this.
  9. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

I went to Rental Country in Williamstown, but stopped. The service was good, but driving down RT 42 from 295 in the summer, especially Friday afternoon was a nightmare. Bumper to bumper. RT 295 to Borries has less traffic, especially since the traffic patterns have changed at the 42 intersection.

10. Rick L

Rick L LawnSite Member

I also go to weiss true value in paulsboro NJ it's also a good place to do bis with if you are looking for something pisfic and Phil the owner knows where to get it or he can order it