Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

x

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

Ticks are horrible this year... had 3-4 on me already..

Anyone interested in quoting me to spray my yard? 30x100 ft roughly backyard.. I have woods behind me.. Local would be best, or any pointers appreciated. I Have 2 small dogs as well. Will try to get any neighbors on board. It’s an ongoing issue here the town doesn’t help.

We don't provide this service. But the Lyme disease, Zika, West Nile Virus, Viruses that cause Encephalitis, Dengue, Chikungunya, & Yellow Fever are all reasons we should be charging more to work in an environment exposed to these dangers. People get paid a lot to paint a bridge, or clean skyscraper windows. I might be wrong, but we might be exposed to more danger then them.

On another note if anyone is hiring workers and not covering them with Workers Comp Insurance, they take the risk of the employee getting bit, and informing a doctor that it might of happened while working, which will prompt a call from their health insurance provider denying the claim claiming that the responsibility for payment lies on the employer.

Another reason to raise prices to cover our cost. I'm hearing competitors charging starting prices in the low 40's for weekly cuts. 60's for bi weekly. I'm now adding 50% more to bi weekly quotes. I don't really want them, but if they want to pay a good premium, I'll take them on. And actually got a few.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Cam15, RussellB, JLSLLC and 2 others like this.
  3. its_lisa

its_lisa LawnSite Member

We had a similar problem. I sent an email for brittney.strano@dep.nj.gov and she sent the license numbers to u.

oqueoque, JLSLLC and hort101 like this.
  4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Me again: everyone reading this please keep in mind how much your loading into your trucks. I’m seeing guys with lifted trucks but the bumper is dragging and towing a loaded heavy azz trailer.. Can’t believe nothing broke , something had to be bent. I couldn’t even imagine trying to stop something like that.

Also tarp your loads and don’t let your gear fly off the rig. Had a clown in front of me almost lose his wheel barrel driving like a goon spewing mulch.

Was another accident on 295, lawn truck that couldn’t stop..

I can see state or local police coming down on us around here sometime

Seeing a lot of overloaded tandem trailers as well.

5. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

Anyone doing work close to 123 South White Horse Pike in Somerdale NJ ? Just got a call from the Physic there at Twin Flame Physic/ Spiritualist & she is looking for Landscaping & lawn cutting.

I had a funny feeling she was going to call.

Cam15, hort101 and JLSLLC like this.
  6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

LOL
    I go that town weekly.. do you need my business number?

hort101 and Walker56 like this.
  7. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

Call her up. She sounded normal. She said the landlord lets the grass get high and it was bad for her business. She won't pay $35. 00 though. She wants some inexpensive landscaping too.

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

rofl0ne.gif

That's a Jersey Girl for you ;)

Walker56 and oqueoque like this.
  9. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

She did not have that Gypsy accent.

10. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

She said the grass grows fast & she doesn't even wooder it. She said shes located right before the jughandle on the pike, right before the speedline, if you were heading down the shore, not back from the shore. Sounds normal to me.

Last edited: May 17, 2019