Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. its_lisa

its_lisa LawnSite Member

Hi all,
    Just wondering where you find good help. We purchased an existing business last year and have many of the same crew guys on staff this year. A few did not come back and we seem to be going through new ones like crazy. I can't tell you how many claim years of experience and then say they can't handle the hard work. I'm not sure what they were expecting. We've had them through Facebook ads, Indeed, and SimpliHired. Is Craig's list a good alternative? What works for you?

2. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

Not a reply to this, but are you looking for help? I had a 17 year old guy call me today looking to get more than the 20 hours a week he gets now. He now works for a fairly big company in Gloucester County. Or if anyone else close is looking Pm me, before his caller id number goes off my phone.

JLSLLC and hort101 like this.
  3. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I know that BrightView is looking for a few people. From what I hear, they have gone from a 7 day cycle to a 10-12 day cycle on some of their contract properties. They don't have the man power.....

hort101, Walker56 and Cam15 like this.
  4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Already had a bad hiring experience this year, solo it is for now. Doesn’t limit me from work, but makes it tougher

Walker56, Breezmeister and hort101 like this.
  5. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I’m Sharing this to educate others. Someone stopped short and unexpectedly today in front of me. I did everything possible to stop the truck and trailer. Foot to the firewall, tires squealing, you name it. I was going 35mph.I bumped someone Under 10mph: didn’t do any real damage, bumper scuff-but you know how insurance goes. I did everything possible to stop. It sucks royally, but It could of been worse. Learn from my accident. Again, I couldn’t do anything to avoid in the given circumstances.

I called 911, was calm, got out of the way of traffic and had my info ready. Explained to the officer like I did here, it could of been way worse. Truck is commercial tagged and insured

Just glad everyone is OK

Life will go on

Walker56, hort101 and Breezmeister like this.
  6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

TV going nuts telling me to take cover for tornado

Walker56 and hort101 like this.
  7. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

:eek:Stay safe
    Radars showing a nasty red patch moving into Jersey

JLSLLC and Walker56 like this.
  8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Happy 4th of July

Cam15, BMWNJ, Walker56 and 1 other person like this.
  9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

@oqueoque are you interested in 4-5 clients of mine? There are close together in cherry hill and Haddon Twp Haddon field border..

Let me know.. the drive here is killing me..

hort101 and Cam15 like this.
  10. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

Yes.