Jersey Guys

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by DLAWNS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Jersey

Anybody ever fight an un-employment claim. I layoff workers and don't mind paying, but I've had some that I think abused this.

1st situation: I laid off a guy a few years back in December, then recalled him back to work the following March, & he told me he will come back if he can get transportation. He always drove to work, but says he has car problems. I filled an objection to his claim & received notification that I would receive a telephone call on a certain date, if he disputed. I stayed home all day & have caller id & no one ever called on this, but he continued to get paid un-employment for about a year & my account was charged.

2nd situation: I had a guy quit last August & told me is going to welding school. He later told me when he finally picked up his last check about a month later, that he went back to work in the Iron Workers Union, where he worked a few years ago. I will call him back to work in March 2020.

2. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

The second situation guy got his claim denied, because he did not fight it. Maybe he got more work as an Iron Worker.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. oqueoque

Male, from Jersey

Anybody going to the Total Landscape Pro show in Edison NJ?

4. Nj shade

Nj shade LawnSite Senior Member
    from Nj

This page has really dried up with Jersey guys ...

JLSLLC likes this.
  5. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Every one is hibernating :laugh:

JLSLLC likes this.
  6. Nj shade

from Nj

Has to be cold and snowy in order to hibernate lol! This winter has become a long early March with no snow

7. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

When you all coming over to hang? Still the slower part of the season..

We can wrench, build, repair, shoot the chit, bust chops, have some food, brews..,

Local rental place here is selling a stander cheap... has me thinkin

8. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Since people are already looking forward to Spring, anyone got a good hook on black mulch? My brother worked for a land clearing company that made their own, but their yard was bought out and may not be making any in spring. We usually get about 200 yds

hort101 likes this.
  9. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure where you are, I’m in Gloucester county, and I know my place I work out of can do that no problem

hort101 likes this.
  10. Nj shade

from Nj

Where in NJ you looking for black mulch?