Jersey Guys

its_lisa

LawnSite Member
Anyone use home advisor to advertise? If I can’t pass out flyers with this shelter in place order I’m not sure how I’ll drum up business. Website isnt ranked high enough to produce the kind of business I usually get from door hangers.
Do you have a Facebook page? We get a great response from our boosted posts and paid ads. Very cheap considering the number of people we’ve signed on.

spitfire3416

LawnSite Senior Member
Do you have a Facebook page? We get a great response from our boosted posts and paid ads. Very cheap considering the number of people we’ve signed on.
yes i do.. I tried spending $200 on a paid ad but didn't get any hits from it. Is that just not enough? How much would you recommending spending to get more clients?

its_lisa

LawnSite Member
yes i do.. I tried spending $200 on a paid ad but didn't get any hits from it. Is that just not enough? How much would you recommending spending to get more clients?
Yikes! That's a lot of money for FB ads. I don't think the problem is in the amount of money you spent -- maybe re-examine how your ad looks and see if you have the right demographic targeted for it. (I almost feel bad in giving our numbers, but do realize I have a background in marketing.) In April, we spent less than $30 on post boosting and FB ads combined. From that, we received 37 clicks (223 engagements), and converted 14 new customers and over a dozen current customers adding on services.

When you create an ad, make sure you have a fabulous image with high contrast. For example, if you're using a big green lawn in the image, make sure someone in a bright red or yellow shirt is on it, or something like that. It's even better if that high-contrast color is to the left of the image -- it will naturally make the viewer's eye go to the right to see what you're offering and then start reading your post or ad.

Try to word everything as if you're solving a problem for your customer. Things like: "Got weeds? I got the answer." "Tired of killing your back mowing the lawn? Let me do it." "Can't stand the look of your back yard? Call me for a free estimate to renovate it." "Look at the privacy hedge we installed. We can create one for you, too." That kind of thing. But be careful. People on Facebook can be highly sensitive. I once used an image of a toddler picking dandelions and wrote "Stop child labor! Call us to take care of your weeds." I thought it was funny, but apparently it's not. I got reamed for "making fun" of underprivileged people.

Anyway, I'd advise just boosting really good posts -- posts showing off your work, posts quoting customers praising you, posts talking about how well you're doing stuff. Make sure your phone number is on them. If you want to be in a targeted area, make sure you target it in your boosting audience. Then share it to places like "What's up in South Jersey" or wherever you are. I'm sure there's a local page or two. The key to those pages is to have friends and family periodically commenting on or liking your posts there so that FB keeps bumping them up in the feed.

I hope that helps!

spitfire3416

LawnSite Senior Member
Yikes! That's a lot of money for FB ads. I don't think the problem is in the amount of money you spent -- maybe re-examine how your ad looks and see if you have the right demographic targeted for it. (I almost feel bad in giving our numbers, but do realize I have a background in marketing.) In April, we spent less than $30 on post boosting and FB ads combined. From that, we received 37 clicks (223 engagements), and converted 14 new customers and over a dozen current customers adding on services.

When you create an ad, make sure you have a fabulous image with high contrast. For example, if you're using a big green lawn in the image, make sure someone in a bright red or yellow shirt is on it, or something like that. It's even better if that high-contrast color is to the left of the image -- it will naturally make the viewer's eye go to the right to see what you're offering and then start reading your post or ad.

Try to word everything as if you're solving a problem for your customer. Things like: "Got weeds? I got the answer." "Tired of killing your back mowing the lawn? Let me do it." "Can't stand the look of your back yard? Call me for a free estimate to renovate it." "Look at the privacy hedge we installed. We can create one for you, too." That kind of thing. But be careful. People on Facebook can be highly sensitive. I once used an image of a toddler picking dandelions and wrote "Stop child labor! Call us to take care of your weeds." I thought it was funny, but apparently it's not. I got reamed for "making fun" of underprivileged people.

Anyway, I'd advise just boosting really good posts -- posts showing off your work, posts quoting customers praising you, posts talking about how well you're doing stuff. Make sure your phone number is on them. If you want to be in a targeted area, make sure you target it in your boosting audience. Then share it to places like "What's up in South Jersey" or wherever you are. I'm sure there's a local page or two. The key to those pages is to have friends and family periodically commenting on or liking your posts there so that FB keeps bumping them up in the feed.

I hope that helps!
I don’t know I don’t get it. I targeted homeowners 45 and up. $150k salary and up. Not sure what else to really target in terms of demographics. Thanks for the feedback.

its_lisa

LawnSite Member
H
I don’t know I don’t get it. I targeted homeowners 45 and up. $150k salary and up. Not sure what else to really target in terms of demographics. Thanks for the feedback.
Hmmmm...I target zip codes, don’t bother with salary ranges, and have the ages start in the 20s.

Something I just realized I didn’t mention earlier: what are you offering? People will not click and call just because they see your company’s ad. You need to be offering them a discount of some kind. And again, the image you use with it matters. Test drive a couple different images and see which one performs better.

oqueoque

LawnSite Platinum Member
Not sure if these #'s are artificially low, due to weather, or holiday weekend or whatever, or mask etc are working, but I see the State NJ Covid 19 Dashboard says there were 891 new cases today and only 400 & something new cases yesterday. Less than a month ago, every day, we would have more than one county by themselves having over 400 cases in one day & 2 would total close to 900 new cases. Keep up the precautions & maybe we are over the Hump.
https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_dashboard.shtm

Breezmeister

LawnSite Silver Member
Keep up the precautions & maybe we are over the Hump.

I hope so.....

What I find interesting is every spring I get a cold/flu/bronchitis, what ever it is, and have to take a couple 3 days off in April. This year is the first time that I can remember that I wasn't sick in April. I really haven't done any thing different other then wearing a mask and avoiding door handles. And not getting WAWA coffee.

oqueoque

LawnSite Platinum Member
According to Camden County Health Dept : "the county Department of Health is also announcing 1,177 confirmed resident cases and 439 staff cases have occurred out of the aggregate case load of 6,912 in our 56 long-term care facilities."
https://www.camdencounty.com/…/covid-1…/most-recent-updates/
That is over 23% of the cases in the county. They also said that just under 73% of the Covid 19 deaths in Camden County occurred in those 56 nursing homes.