Lawn Care Forum banner
1,381 - 1,400 of 2,642 Posts
Anyone know of any landscape supply centers in Matawan? Doing a paver job off of rt 34 by Big Ed's, don't know of any supply places to get base and stone dust. Dont want to have to drive all the way to Pride in Sayreville or all the way back down to Freehold area. Thanks in advance

Anyone know of any landscape supply centers in Matawan? Doing a paver job off of rt 34 by Big Ed's, don't know of any supply places to get base and stone dust. Dont want to have to drive all the way to Pride in Sayreville or all the way back down to Freehold area. Thanks in advance
Dunlap and Lisk off of Rt. 79. Like 5 minutes from big ed's. Or Lumber Super Mart, Rt. 36, like 10 minutes away. If you stop in LSM tell them I sent ya, they'll hook you up.

Both places will have everything you'll need.

Dunlap and Lisk off of Rt. 79. Like 5 minutes from big ed's. Or Lumber Super Mart, Rt. 36, like 10 minutes away. If you stop in LSM tell them I sent ya, they'll hook you up.

Both places will have everything you'll need.
Were always workin out that way shade tree. Shoot me a PM when your over there and maybe we could grab lunch or something if it works out.

we will be over that way all week JDAVIS. Shoot me an email and we can get togather one day. Thanks for the supply places, the one off of 79 is rite before the old victorian homes in Matawan correct?
Sounds good. Yea its right before them and Texas Rd.

is it me, or has anyone noticed that it appears that there are more mexican owned landscape companies popping up everywhere. Not just guys working out of a pickup truck, but actual companies, i just wonder how legit they are!

is it me, or has anyone noticed that it appears that there are more mexican owned landscape companies popping up everywhere. Not just guys working out of a pickup truck, but actual companies, i just wonder how legit they are!
it does not bother me as long as they are legal :)

NJ is a joke when it comes to this,
Just today while talking to my partner in the Hess Station
we counted 6 landscapers with no commercial plates, 2 of them even had fertilizer spreaders and bags of Lesco Pre-em in their trucks in plain sight. All in 30 minutes this morning.
They (NJ) make us buy all these licenses and insurance and workers comp and it gets to a point we cant compete with them. It never really bothered me as much as it does now. Did an estimate today for $50 and the lady said to me the last company here gave her a price of $30 and they would bag it...LOL
She showed it to me it was scribbled on a piece of paper with the company name on top. Actually said $30 ..cash only .. no tax ....nice

Something needs to be done

Its exactly how i feel. They need to get these state workers to drive around (or sit in a gas station between 730-1030) and do their audits. Not look in the phone book where legit companies are listed. I don't care who wants to start a business and do landscaping, just do it the legit way with insurance and licenses and such. I spend entirely to much money in taxes and insurance to watch these people come out and cut lawns out of the back of a pick up. Its amazing the price difference between $30 and $50.

we counted 6 landscapers with no commercial plates, 2 of them even had fertilizer spreaders and bags of Lesco Pre-em in their trucks in plain sight. All in 30 minutes this morning.
They (NJ) make us buy all these licenses and insurance and workers comp and it gets to a point we cant compete with them. It never really bothered me as much as it does now. Did an estimate today for $50 and the lady said to me the last company here gave her a price of $30 and they would bag it...LOL
She showed it to me it was scribbled on a piece of paper with the company name on top. Actually said $30 ..cash only .. no tax ....nice

Couldnt of said it better myself. Its so true.

just when i said something i go by a lawyers office in toms river and there it is, a mexican cutting the lawn with an electric lawn mower. I think i have almost seen it all. I mean it wouldnt be a bad idea if they mad standers in electric and i could just plug into clients building. It will save $$$$$ on fuel.
Posted via Mobile Device

I had and estimate out for mulching they then told me they just wanted the mulch delivered. But her Husband had a price $200 less then mine. I told her she better check with her husband on the amount of mulch her Husband is getting for $200 less. She couldn't answer how many yards she was getting. But Most people compare price and not what they are actually getting.

I had and estimate out for mulching they then told me they just wanted the mulch delivered. But her Husband had a price $200 less then mine. I told her she better check with her husband on the amount of mulch her Husband is getting for $200 less. She couldn't answer how many yards she was getting. But Most people compare price and not what they are actually getting.
Such a true statement

Who works in Toms river ? a big job for me to do ( work alone ) grading topsoil seeding on New Hampshire ave close to 30k sq ft

Where to dump brush in Matawan ? near 79 ?
maybe getting a job up there and dont wanna haul brush all the way out to Tintonfalls

Anyone up In middletown have anywhere to dump grass??? Going to be taking up a couple lawns soon
Posted via Mobile Device
there's absolutely nowhere around here that takes grass clippings (i live in middletown). try the county landfill but its big $$$ from what i've heard. unless there is an area on the property where u can dump, cut it and leave it i say.

1,381 - 1,400 of 2,642 Posts