JET BLACK in Ontario

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by SHAWZER, Jun 27, 2016.

1. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Anyone else spraying Jet Black ? Would like to hear your opinions .

2. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Hey pockets8815 , have you tried or looked into Jet Black ?

3. pockets8815

pockets8815 LawnSite Member

I went to PDQ but the guy there didn't know anything about BlackMac, or pressures so he gave me the cards of the guys who do. I will try to catch up with them and get some more info. Definitely like their location for me, but they don't sell tips or parts, they source them from Sprayman. But will know more once I talk to the other guys there. Definitely interested in the switch, mostly because of the location. But I would like to know a little more about the JetBlack first.

4. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I spray at around 400 psi with 150 feet of hose . Jet Black is thicker , does not smell as much , seems to cover the same or a little better . I move the wand a lot quicker , seems to work good . Did they quote you a price per litre ?

5. pockets8815

Yes, I got a price, $1.72 per litre. I have been too busy to email them yet, but I should this week. The wind has been pretty bad lately, and now the humidity is way up. My jobs are piling up.

6. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I paid $ 1.90 per litre in Barrie . Too hot and humid here too . I am starting to like Jet Black better than Blackmac .

7. pockets8815

Hey, this week looks brutal for temperature. I was wondering how much blackmac was in your tank when you first got Jetblack? I was doing some research on mineral spirits, and they don't evaporate as quick as Naptha. I wonder how that affects cure time? Any experience yet?
    I have half a tank of Blackmac, I am wondering if I should wait until it is empty, or mix. Work is piling up, but with the heat I would rather get the tank filled up while I wait.

8. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I had 5 inches in my tank when I filled with Jet Black . No problems and dry time is the same at 48 hours . No complaints and have done lots of driveways . Too humid here , not spraying in this weather .

9. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Have you tried out Jet Black yet ?

10. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Mother Nature is delaying my sealing jobs , way too much heat and humidity.