JET BLACK in Ontario

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by SHAWZER, Jun 27, 2016.

1. joeE

joeE LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, nobody told me we had a choice, I did a 40k lot today. Nice & clean, hardly any cracks. Got to use the bar on about 85% of it. If only I had air in my truck................... well I might not have come out to do the 15%. Had a good brezzz so all dried fine, redy 4 rain.

2. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Manufacturer recommends not using this product above 27 c or 80 f with high humidity . I would rather postpone jobs for a few days and stay cool . Ha Ha

3. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

First time I have been caught up on jobs all summer , lot of windy and humid days . Hope it is not time to get ready for snow yet .

4. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

Hi all,

I am new to the site as well as sealing. I started 6 weeks ago and things have been progressivelying improving with business.

I use jetblack and have noticed that I have been getting dominant lines when spraying so I have had to roll those out.

Any suggestions how to improve the spraying or is it normal?

I also what is the best way to get clients, my primary method is door knocking and social media ads. I can't seem to retain much via social media.

5. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Welcome to this site . What kind and size of spray tips are you using ?

6. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

I am using a #2 tip that Supply Man (in Barrie) provided me with. I believe it is stainless steel.

How do you price your jobs out at? 10c/15c/20c? etc.

7. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Stainless tips are very good , Brass tips are not . Try adjusting the pressure up or down a bit while spraying , same with the RPM of the engine . Did you mean Sprayman in Barrie ? Where are you from ?

8. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

Yes that is what mean.
    I am from Waterloo.

9. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

I want to be able to have a quick connect gun, any toutorials that can help on this site?

10. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I use flat -faced high pressure quick connect fittings on my guns . I still shut off the engine when changing but makes things a lot easier . Do you buy Jet Black in Hamilton ?