JET BLACK in Ontario

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by SHAWZER, Jun 27, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Do you spray when it is very hot and humid ?

2. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

Very late reply but yes I have done it when it was very hot and humid. I only could spray on weekends as I had a FT job. This year however I am going all in and only doing sealing.

If you could share some info with me I have questions that need answers.

3. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Fire away with your questions , I will try to answer them .

4. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

What is the best way to price out residential?sqft or car lot size?

I am using social media to drive traffic so i get the typical "how much for a 1 car or 2 car driveway?" Do you have standard pricing for that method or do you do sqft price? What if they have sensitive hardscape to protect? The last two years part time i was able to get away with 20-25/sqft, as i didnt not care if i did not get the job cause i was working FT. This year i want to get clients but i dont want to do it for below average costing. What is the appropriate coat for sqft.

Do you do cold call door knocking? Or just call back your client list? What is the best way to advertise?

5. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I priced by sqft . Added a little if they had things to protect or cover . 20 - 25 sqft is a good price on average driveway if You can get that . Larger ones usually a little lower price . I used kijiji and some call backs . I never knocked on doors , people around here do not like that and neither do I .

6. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

S.L.S. , how is your spraying going ?

7. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

Will the heat and humidity effect it in a negative way? I have been spraying in the heat advisory days we have had.

8. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

The other day I broke my wand by droping it in the middle of a job. I had to build a new wand from Princess Auto and i hate it as it does not have the curved tip. I will have to go to my distributor to buy one.

Have you ever used the tips from a water pressure washer? Do they work? I want to have a back up but could not find parts that will secure steel tips in place. Have you ever used quick connects?

As for work load, it has slowed down and i need to find work. Any

9. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

PDQ says not to spray above 27c air temp . I find it takes longer to dry .

10. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Install a 45 degree fitting on the wand until you can replace it . Depends where it broke you can rethread pipe and use a joiner . I dont think pressure washer tips will work because they spray too much volume .