1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

JET BLACK in Ontario

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by SHAWZER, Jun 27, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used a tip bigger then a 2 , a # 4 must really spray a lot of sealant quick .

2. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

Hard trying to educate homeowners that September is a great time to seal driveways .

3. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

Weather was good until late October , glad to complete some larger jobs late in the year .

4. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

Curious what other guys are thinking about sealing driveways . When the weather warms up I plan on spraying under the maintenance part of the essential services order .

5. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

Hi Shawzer,
    I am not sure what you are asking here, is it regarding what is going on with COVID-19?

6. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

7. joeE

joeE LawnSite Senior Member

We're going to need to see what is going on, with the illness and the rules when we get closer to our start date.
    I only c 3 options, governments give back some of the taxes we've paid all our lives or, customers pay us or, we go belly up.
    I would like mostly commercial lots this year. Lots of sq footage with minimal need for close contact. As coaters , we are in a fairly good position for minimal contact.
    For now, think how to minimize your risk while going through your work day. Like how to handle checks people give you. Maybe drop it in a envelope and sanitize your hands. Debating if I should mail out all my invoices but the mail box is a risky thing too.
    IDK. At 62, I am a tad more concerned than you younger guys. Best of luck to all.

8. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

Sent an email to my bulk supplier asking if and when he will be open . Have not heard back yet . If he stays closed , our choice to work or not will be easy .

9. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

If you are hesitant to handle cheques than consider taking online payments and email out the invoice or accept it via a phone app.

Oh and I seen this one vender who owns a store literally wash our Canadian currency with soap and water or maybe it was some solution that kills germs.

Shawzer, will the Canadian Gov help you if you are ordered not to work still when it is warmer in a few weeks?

10. OP
    OP
    SHAWZER

Not sure yet . Thought you were from Ontario ?