Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blob3: i work in a area where many of my customers are jewish, after sundown on friday were not aload to be on the property till sunday, with the rain on tuesday has us a day behind so it looks like ill be mowin friday on monday anyone else out the in this boat?? tony

·
Registered
852 Posts
Did they actually tell you not to come. I have cut on Rosh Hashanah before and they have come out and talked to me. No Jewish customer has told me not to come yet. Just lucky I guess.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I will probably be in the same boat, Tony. I will finish my Friday lawns on Monday. I have many Jewish customers also and I try to be respectful of their holidays. If I think I may be there on a holiday, I will call first to get the OK.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I would talk to each customer if posible. It is a tough call because if they want their lawns looking good then you have to cut it. If it gets out of hand then its still your problem. I'd explain what the situation is to them.
You have to be sensitive to the holidays of different groups. It isn't the same as snowblowing on Christmas. I'm not Jewish but I do know some Jewish people and there are some that really take the holidays seriously. On the other hand there are some that don't. But then I know lots of people who aren't Jewish that are the same way. Best bet in my book is communication. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Whould you mow right through Easter?
If I was Jewish I would. In 15 years I have never had a Jewish customer ask me not to mow on any Jewish holiday. About half of mu customers are Jewish and none of them have EVER been shy about asking me to do things.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Despite that a Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah is occuring on Saturday, the sabbath for Jewish worship starts on Friday at sundown and lasts until Saturday at sundown.
It is considered a violation of several commandments and tenents of scripture to allow anything to occur that will interupt this time as it is meant to be spent with God.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Maybe its just me, but if it hadn't been brought up here I wouldn't have even known that Saturday was a jewish holiday. Christian holidays seem to be much more "advertised". If they don't call, I'd show up. (but thats just me)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Originally posted by Phishook
Whould you mow right through Easter?
I had to clear snow on Christmas last year. If I weren't celebrating as a Christian, I would mow on Easter. I'm not Jewish, I'm mowing this weekend. Any Jewish customers of mine are welcome to call me ahead of time to let me know not to come.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.