1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Jirco Thatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pat Daniels, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Pat Daniels

Pat Daniels LawnSite Member

Has anyone had trouble putting together and mounting this thatcher on their mower. I have a 60 inch exmark. Direction seem very vague, hard to read. Tells you to do 2 different things. Spent 4 hours on it and still not right. Will be taking it back to dealer for help.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Pat I Got Pictures Of how It Mounts On One Of My walks. Very Detailed. I Will post them Tonight For You don't Have time Now. If you have a 2002 Full Size Lazer You will Need An Extension Blocks for it i will show You What i Mean tonight Help is On its Way.

Johnny G.

3. Pat Daniels

I have an 03 machine they call those blocks spacers. They are to be used with the weights for the Ultra Vac. Dont have the brackets that the directions show to mount the bar. Any way for about 50 cents and the cost of a cup of coffee Id like to ship it back to Jirco.

4. John Gamba

from ct

Pat Here a Little early.

421resized.jpg

5. John Gamba

from ct

here one more good luck.

422resized.jpg

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i remember the first time i hooked mine up i had trouble getting it all to work. there were so many holes, but i got the hang of it, and now its a piece of cake.

7. Pat Daniels

Ok finally got it together. John thanks for the pic. In shipment one of the rods that hold the tines was bent and they shorted me the 4 brackest which I dont see on yours. (maybe something new) Mounted the bar underneath, yours is on top. Also I see you have extra holes on your mounting bar. I had to re-drill my holes so as to line up the long bolts. Still was difficults to assemble or is just me?

8. John Gamba

from ct

Pat
    I'm Sorry I Use to use all Walkbehines, Now Or the Last 4 Years Or So i Use Only Lazer Eps's. The Bar does Mount To the bottom On The Lazers On Top of The walks. I Have Different Holes For the way they where Mounted On Walks And On Riders. The Braces Are New to Me. I Have Not Had a problem With Hitting things but I'm Not the only one Useing them. I'm Glad You got It Together. you Will Like It Once You get Use To it. Let Me Know. :D
    John.

9. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg LawnSite Member

I'm putting mine on the front of a midmount grasshopper. Can't wait to use it. Especially with my vacuum.

My only concern is wear and tear on the transmissions. I figure if guys put them on belt-drive WB's then my hopper should do just fine.

10. John Gamba

from ct

just DON'T put IT all THE way DOWN NO problem WITH pushing.