Job advertising in a certain area.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Long story short, we all know the labor pool currently.. I want to advertise my business is hiring in an area about 35 mins from me...Can this be done? I get a lot of hard workers through an agency, that utilizes guys in that area, but don’t pay them much.. Im looking to hire a guy FT, and pay better.There is also a lot of Spanish workers in that area, who I would like to reach out to, or see that my company is hiring. Anyone ever done something similar?

cool breeze

LawnSite Senior Member
Long story short, we all know the labor pool currently.. I want to advertise my business is hiring in an area about 35 mins from me...Can this be done? I get a lot of hard workers through an agency, that utilizes guys in that area, but don’t pay them much.. Im looking to hire a guy FT, and pay better.There is also a lot of Spanish workers in that area, who I would like to reach out to, or see that my company is hiring. Anyone ever done something similar?
All my guys are Hispanic. Let's face it, nowadays very few Americans are willing to do this type of work, no matter what you pay. It will only get worse in the coming years. Everyone in this forum is a rare exception.
I would place an ad in Spanish under general labor in the closest craigslist. If you are offering a high hourly pay, I would mention the amount in the ad. You can also try posting ads in the local Spanish grocery marts. You may have a problem being 35 miles out unless you are willing to pick up and drop off. Good luck.