• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Job benefits

eslawns

LawnSite Senior Member
I hear constantly about job "bennies" from lots of people. I really am not trying to be a smart guy, but what are you talking about? I heard about this when I was in the military, and the only thing I ever considered a benefit was the insurance. I have a very good retirement plan, and insurance costs much less where I have it now. Nothing I ever got as an employee was better than what I can get on my own. I realize this is because I had crummy jobs, but someone tell me what these guys are talking about.

Skookum

LawnSite Senior Member
I had a fraternity brother that had stock options at a internet company in Atlanta that he quit. About 6 months after he quit, the company went public. 6 months later, he called to let me know that had he stayed, by his figures, he could have made 1.5 million on his options. He only worked for the company a few months when he did quit.

I would say that would be a benefit!

jeffyr

LawnSite Senior Member
Company benefits vary from place to place, and can even depend on position in a company. Some benefits include insurance, stock options, 401K investing, paid time off (vac, PD, sick days), company car, company discounts, discounts to entertainment (movies & shows, concerts, sporting events), holiday bonus. Some of these may be perks and not benefits, but I'm not gonna argue getting something for nothing ! :)

jeffyr

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
I work at a Union Supermarket PT. I get: Personal Choice, Eyeglasses/exams Free, Dental, prescription, legal, child care, fitness/gym, 401K, Good Pension, paid holidays&time and a half. All pretty standard stuff, but its all free! Plus I get paid a decent amount for the work I do there. Only need 8hrs/week to maintain bennies. They give me approx 40 hrs/week in the winter with anything on Sundays and over 35hrs is time and a half.