Jobber vs Service Auto Pilot

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by WarriorLandscaping, May 6, 2019.

1. WarriorLandscaping

WarriorLandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male

Hey guys,

About to get into the landscape software - with 4 employee's, work in 3 different towns and scheduling a month in advance things are hectic.

Does anyone have input on Jobber or Service Auto pilot? Leaning toward Jobber,

One issue I want to tackle this year is late payments, do either of these software's have auto-billing schedules? I am assuming I just need my client's CC's on file? Pros, Cons?

Thank you.

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you use any software now? I think they both do the auto billing you ask about.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

If you haven't, schedule demos with each.

Jobber is well-liked by the handful of companies that I know who use it. I've run their demo and it has a great, modern UI.

The warning re: SA is that it's perpetually in beta. While it's often stated to be a good thing via "We're always innovating and adding features!", the reality is that it can be quite buggy and the downtime users experience can come at the worst times (end of the month billing time, for example), even after their much ballyhooed data center upgrades. Sadly, the only way to really get insight into this is via their customers only, private Facebook group.

Where SA does stand out is the ability to push leads (and customer service requests) from your web site directly into the SA dashboard. For that reason alone, especially if handling a high lead flow from your site, it might be worth the headaches.

You might also demo Real Green. By the time you get all of SA's a la carte options priced in, RG might be in the mix for you.

Tara Ann and WarriorLandscaping like this.
  4. Bigg-Lenny

Bigg-Lenny LawnSite Member

I am currently using Jobber. I purchased it because of the ability to track expenses, including invoices. Also, it allows me to expand my company's services down the road. For instance,...I am currently doing property management. If I decided to open up a home repair side of my company, I can easily set it up to handle the business side of it as well. I guess I would say that Jobber isn't a lawn care only software. It does allow you to track invoices,..."due upon receipt, due 15 days from now, and due 30 day from." I can't remember off hand, but I think you can even customize your billing schedule as you desire. It does send out reminders as well. Your customers' payment options can be set up for cash, check, or card. It's totally up to you. At this moment, I'm just a one man crew. But, as my company expands,...I'll need to assemble a crew. It will make day to day operations much smoother. I can't comment on Service Auto Pilot, because i have no experience with it.

One other note,...Jobber probably has the best tech support staff that I've ever used. You can call them anytime that you need assistance. No long hold waiting. You pretty much will get someone on the phone right away. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

WarriorLandscaping likes this.
  5. SJLandscapeCT

SJLandscapeCT LawnSite Member

I am currently using Jobber and I'm incredibly happy with it. The interface is very easy to use. The calendar is very slick and you can simply drag and drop tasks and appointments. Invoicing is a breeze. There is a batch invoicing feature which allows you to create and send out as many invoices at a time as you want. They have a payments feature built in as well which allows people to pay straight through the invoice email for a small fee. There is also an auto-billing feature which allows you to store customer cards and bill them as needed. Customers can e-sign quotes which allows you to convert them directly to jobs...There are so many features that I've come to rely on that I haven't even begun to consider another service.

I will second the comment on their customer service as well. I usually do the online chat and someone answers right away if it's during business hours.

WarriorLandscaping likes this.
  6. Arvydas

Arvydas LawnSite Member

I've used Service Autopilot the last three years and am very happy with it. Before that I used Jobber for two years.

I switched to SA because of the much better reporting available, and the extra features. Jobber can't track drive time, for example, but SA can so I can directly see how inefficient a route might be.

SA has gotten way better over the last year and they updated the interface recently. I very rarely experience bugs. It's a more powerful software than Jobber, but I believe Jobber has a slightly more elegant interface.

7. OP
    OP
    WarriorLandscaping

Male

Thank you for your input guys.

I am currently using Quickbooks so this would be an add-on feature.

I am aware of Jobber syncing with Quickbooks, has anyone had experience with this?

8. Bigg-Lenny

Bigg-Lenny LawnSite Member

I haven’t used it Quickbooks. I just have not had a reason to at this moment.

9. dkflipse

dkflipse LawnSite Member

I'm interested in thrse comments. But as stated, why qould you run bot QB ans Jobber? I'm asking as a current QB user.

DKF

10. OP
    OP
    WarriorLandscaping

Male

Qb doesn't have employee management, scheduleing, tracking etc.

It is purely estimate/invoice and financial based which is required.

But I need to simplify my scheduling, etc.

I have like 6 giant sticky notes on my laptop screen and a bunch of small one's on google keep, lol.

But the price isn't right, like $200 cdn per month..(Jobber)