• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Jobber vs Service Auto Pilot

dkflipse

LawnSite Member
Damn. Screw that. I have 120 active accounts. 3.5 employees so don't need that. And I have an A week and a B week schedule saved in excel. So I dont need that.

I'll keep my $2,000.

DKF

Bunton Guy

LawnSite Silver Member
We have been using SA since January. Not a fan and will be shutting it down soon and transferring data out. We just flat out don't use all the functions of SA to make it worth our money. And some of the functions we pay for DONT work and they wont refund our money. As of right now our clients cant use the portal to pay us online with a credit card. We have to send them bills through our quickbooks in order to let them pay online with a credit or debit card. It's a known issue and not everyone has this issue.

Tara Ann

LawnSite Senior Member
We use Service Autopilot, and don't experience the issues mentioned in this thread. In my 3 years of working with this company, we have always used it (the company used it for several years preceding my employment). We definitely do not utilize all the features, but over the course of a year it amounts to < 1% of overhead.

I am in agreement with @tonygreek and think you should do demos and free trials. Find the software that works best for you, and your business!

We have been using SA since January. Not a fan and will be shutting it down soon and transferring data out. We just flat out don't use all the functions of SA to make it worth our money. And some of the functions we pay for DONT work and they wont refund our money. As of right now our clients cant use the portal to pay us online with a credit card. We have to send them bills through our quickbooks in order to let them pay online with a credit or debit card. It's a known issue and not everyone has this issue.
That's absolutely ridiculous, and I am sorry to hear you're experiencing that issue. Are you on the FB page?

Bunton Guy

LawnSite Silver Member
Yes we are on the FB page. Most of the time I get negative feedback from people.

Like I said it's not SA fault for the most part , we just dont use enough of the features to make it worth the $145 a month we spend. Literally just use the routing side of it and that is it! We have the auto invoicing function but it sucks because we have to use the QB sync to send the invoices since our client portal doesnt work and they wont fix it.

So any of our clients that pay online we have to use the sync to then send them from QB. BUT when using the sync over to QB it does NOT automatically put their email address onto the invoice even though their email is stored on SA & QB. So you have to manually enter each persons e-mail in. Takes over an hour to do this so we are not gaining any efficiency by using SA and after talking with tech support they said to just work around it that unfortunately they can't get our account fixed and that they can't credit our account.

JFGLN

LawnSite Silver Member
Yes we are on the FB page. Most of the time I get negative feedback from people.

Like I said it's not SA fault for the most part , we just dont use enough of the features to make it worth the $145 a month we spend. Literally just use the routing side of it and that is it! We have the auto invoicing function but it sucks because we have to use the QB sync to send the invoices since our client portal doesnt work and they wont fix it.

So any of our clients that pay online we have to use the sync to then send them from QB. BUT when using the sync over to QB it does NOT automatically put their email address onto the invoice even though their email is stored on SA & QB. So you have to manually enter each persons e-mail in. Takes over an hour to do this so we are not gaining any efficiency by using SA and after talking with tech support they said to just work around it that unfortunately they can't get our account fixed and that they can't credit our account.
Interesting, I have not had any of these problems. I always get a quick response from customer support. They have even helped me on the weekends.

Oxmow

LawnSite Bronze Member
We have been using SA for years now and like the features as they have grown. I understood the growing pains of beta stuff before we committed so those weren't a big issue for me. I'm not using it to itls full potential either, but are integrating more of it day to day. I had the Sync for several months until everything got evened out. It has caused some items and even customers to be duplicated in the beginning, but a little diligence worked that out.

We are currently working on our website and Facebook pages as we really haven't used them before.(and now being married to an internet marketer doesn't hurt:clapping:) So may be adding the client portal. I have also just recently added BluePay through SA and it works great so far. Just doing that has saved hours of work with the system (platform:laugh:) having all the cards saved securely and just being able to charge a lot of customers with just a few clicks instead of manually entering every card every time.

Bunton Guy, I auto invoice as well, and have never had a problem sending the invoices by email. However, I only do it through SA without the sync to QB. With the price you stated, I take it you don't use the "automations". I don't either so it takes clicking the customers individually on the first day of the month (the day that I bill all my year rounders) to send them their invoices. But it's easy using the "open invoices" tab on the invoices page, they are the first invoices listed.

Bunton Guy

LawnSite Silver Member
Oxmow, we have tried several times emailing invoices from SA to clients so they can click the pay now link. Not once has the link ever worked. It takes them to a blank page. Spent several hours on the phone with SA and they couldn't figure it out. The said they will have their engineers take a look at my account and get back to me asap. Over a month went by and nothing no call, so I called them and they had no new news. Another 6 weeks goes by and I get a courtesy call from them to check on how things are going. I tell them of my issue and that started the ball rolling again. But they have yet to figure it out.

Tara Ann

LawnSite Senior Member
Oxmow, we have tried several times emailing invoices from SA to clients so they can click the pay now link. Not once has the link ever worked. It takes them to a blank page. Spent several hours on the phone with SA and they couldn't figure it out. The said they will have their engineers take a look at my account and get back to me asap. Over a month went by and nothing no call, so I called them and they had no new news. Another 6 weeks goes by and I get a courtesy call from them to check on how things are going. I tell them of my issue and that started the ball rolling again. But they have yet to figure it out.
That. Is. Ridiculous.

We have never had that issue. We have experienced a few drawbacks (usually our lack of knowledge on how to operate the software effectively). We have used the chat and email to talk with Service Autopilot regarding any drawback. They have always been very quick to respond, and thorough.