• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

John Deere 105 belt tension

mistrbrnt

LawnSite Member
I changed my deck belt and now the deck shakes like crazy ....i think the belt is not as tight as it should be when engaged , but I have a welded cable bracket on my model and can't use that for adjustment .
I'm not sure what to try next .

Attachments

OP
M

mistrbrnt

LawnSite Member
yknow . I believed I had a tension issue ..
When actually ...I had to find tune my deck leveling .
That was causing my deck to shake and the thing to be generally ...not right .

Andrew Drapper

LawnSite Member
I would ask why did you need to change your belt? If it snaped, did you hit something? You could, if you have the equipment, whip your blades off and check if they are bent or out of balance?

Then, I would ask is it the cable bracket that adjusts the tension anyway? The belt normally runs around a pully that is spring-loaded to keep it at the right tension. But I do not know your machine.

OP
M

mistrbrnt

LawnSite Member
It snapped . .. In many of the videos that deal with belt tension show a cable retainer bracket that is adjustable with 2 bolts , mine however has a welded bracket and no real visible method of adjusting tension .

OP
M

mistrbrnt

LawnSite Member
again ...my deck shaking that i attributed to a loose belt was in fact my deck needing proper leveling and making sure those spindle breaks were free and operating properly .