John Deere 21” just curious

Bitches_Brew

Banned
It’s more about dealer support than brand. Any commercial mower is capable of delivering a great finished product as long as the operator knows how to use what they have. It’s the support from your dealer that will benefit you’re business far more than the name of equipment they carry. If the Deere dealer treats you great, stay with Deere products.

I have 2 dealers that treat me like gold. My Snapper Pro dealer and the Exmark dealer. I run Snapper Pro standers just cuz of the relationship with the dealer and the price tag(quality is good as well) and all my handhelds are through him as well(husqvarna). I bought my Kioti tractor and Z Spray through the Exmark dealer. Both of them take really good care of me. In fact I was about to pull the trigger on the 30” Exmark Aerator and had asked my Snapper Pro dealer if he could maybe become a dealer for Stinger. If he could do the warranty work or service I might need on the Stinger Aerator, I’d buy it. He called Stinger, they approved it so I bought the Stinger through him. The closest Stinger dealer was 250+ miles away, now it’s 4 miles. 1 good dealer is great but 2 good dealers is amazing.

^This 100%

I have a Deer dealer 2min. away. I dislike them so much that I drive an hour to the Gravely dealer. I honestly would be using deer today if the dealer didn't suck so much. :(

jeffie b

LawnSite Member
^This 100%

I have a Deer dealer 2min. away. I dislike them so much that I drive an hour to the Gravely dealer. I honestly would be using deer today if the dealer didn't suck so much. :(
Yessir I understand where I am all they care about are farmers which is all fine, they just shouldn’t sell mowers and handheld equipment.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Hard to beat a 21” Honda for small areas, we will see how much of a Deere fanboy you are when it starts breaking out of warranty lol. Seriously where I am they are $135 an hour for repair and you pay book price.
Depends on area/region, just as it does with any brand. Here, they sting me for $85-100 p/hr for service, ad that is for either my Z or my CUT.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
OP- depends on which model JD 21" mower. That one with the swiveling front caster? Nah. The older JD's like the 14SB with the 5 speed and Kaw and the following models like the JE/JX 75's etc.......those are excellent machines. I use a pair of them and have for years. The 14SB is a 1995 model and the JE75 is a 1997 model. Neither uses a drop of oil, and both start first or second pull after sitting all winter. First pull when cold for the day. The cut is exceptionally clean with them when side shooting or bagging and quite good while mulching (but I don't mulch so that doesn't matter to me one way or another). Their only drawback IME with them is they are a bit heavy at around 110 lbs, so they will leave ruts over time in areas where you can only go the same patch every time you are there. These things cut cleanly at 3.5" which is the max setting on them. A lot of 21's don't do so well above 3" if the grass is thinner IME

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't think farmers are very happy either....

I don't like the way they have a hold on the tech either, but
that ain't just JD doing that. No sale there. They are all doing that with the ag stuff.

There are plenty of farmers that may not like this either, but that do recognize that JD has the best parts program in the industry as far as getting what you need in a hurry. Same for lawn care.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I read someone saying that the dealers tend to have a lot of parts on hand.
JD dealers try to keep plenty of the most commonly used parts on hand even at small dealers. The only time I have ever had to order parts was for something long out of production or a part that simply faled for some reason, but one that rarely does, so the dealer didn't have one in stock. I do like that about JD. I don't like it when you have to deal with a lazy or rude dealer that is simply tool lazy to do their job and doesn't want tp be bothered to help you out and you end up calling the company just to have them say- "Talk to your dealer. They are yur brest source for help and information". Duh!
" I already have went round and round with him which is why I am calling you! ":hammerhead:

OP
Hurryupelectric

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
JD dealers try to keep plenty of the most commonly used parts on hand even at small dealers. The only time I have ever had to order parts was for something long out of production or a part that simply faled for some reason, but one that rarely does, so the dealer didn't have one in stock. I do like that about JD. I don't like it when you have to deal with a lazy or rude dealer that is simply tool lazy to do their job and doesn't want tp be bothered to help you out and you end up calling the company just to have them say- "Talk to your dealer. They are yur brest source for help and information". Duh!
" I already have went round and round with him which is why I am calling you! ":hammerhead:
Time will tell at my dealer but I was having a problem with the ignition and they took me right in and installed my quick chute for free. So far so good.

Top Forums