1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 425 Garden Tractor

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by lawnspecialties, May 30, 2008.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

A good friend of mine has always wanted my 66" SuperZ I'm selling. So I broke down and let him trade me his 425 and some cash for the SuperZ. It's one of those deals where I could use it but not a whole lot. So if I sell it, great. If I don't, great.

It's a 425 with only 150 hours. It's in very nice condition. It has the liquid-cooled 20hp Kawasaki, 54" shaft driven deck, power steering, and hydraulic lift for the deck. It also has the linkage in back for installing a three-point hitch if someone ever wanted to. There are hydraulic hookups in front for front mounted accessories as well.

I've had two of the 400 series tractors before: a 445 and a 455 diesel. There was no better garden tractor made by Deere than the 400 series. I don't know the year model of the machine but I don't think they really made any changes from year to year.

My deal with him allowed $4500 so that's the price. I'm gonna' have to stay pretty firm with this price because like I said earlier, I could definitely use it around home and maybe on some bagging jobs or aerating. Fortunately, I don't think it's gonna' be too hard to sell, whether on lawnsite or not. :)

919-625-5577 Jamie

[​IMG]

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

That thing is purdy. I will second it being one of the best JD tractors ever made. (JD 318 or 332 still takes the number 1 spot) Somebody is going to get a deal for $4500

3. lawnspecialties

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Didn't take long... I know I would hold onto something like that.

5. lawnspecialties

I put it on craigslist very early yesterday morning. Had three calls for people to come see it today. First guy to come by, sold. :)