1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

john deere 737

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by brunnersltd1, Jan 1, 2014.

1. brunnersltd1

brunnersltd1 LawnSite Member

thank you all so very much for the feedback!

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

What brand of WB is in the pic at your link? I don't recall ever seeing a black deck under a yellow deck cover. Hustler?

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I don't know really. I know that a lot of these manu's manipulate the color scheme's and remove decals or color them out so that they aren't promoting any one brand over another, and so that they don't have to pay a royalty for using a particular brand in their ads and literature.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Are there any manufacturers that use or have ever used a horizontal powerplant on a WB?

Signed,
    bored of being indoors :rolleyes:

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That, I don't know either. I have not owned a WB, so I am not up on them like the Z's.

I'm glad to be inside. I was out most of last evening, and then again for a little more than the first half of today cleaning out a lot of the neighborhood driveways. They are good sized drives too, and it is colder than heck out. I was on my open station CUT, and running the 2 stage blower since we got dumped on so much yesterday. It is about 15" of new snow. I always end up covered, wet, and..............

6. Jonathanarthurg

Jonathanarthurg LawnSite Member

Helloeveryone,

I was also looking at a 2002 737 with 7 iron deck 60 inch. The age kind of gets me and I am wonder what a decent price would be on it. It has 433 hrs on it. Guy says everything works great... everything I have found so far on these is good. Wondering any other thoughts or price suggestions? He is asking 3900.

I just bought some property and need a mower sooner than later. I don't have a month to look around and research every single mower out there..

Thanks, jon

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

For a 15 year old mower (and one with the lower BTS of 15,5K vs the current 18K), I'd make him an offer of 2500 cash in my hand. The hours aren't bad at all, but there's plenty that could be, or go wrong with a mower that old. How often was it run, and on how much land? If it just mowed a smaller yard but was run weekly during the season, I'd be much more inclined to try to deal/haggle with him. If it has sat for quite a while, or for long periods at a time, I'd stick to my 2500 price. Simply explain that you can buy a new commercial machine with zero hours, full warranty, and with all the current updates to the deck and hydros for roughly double his asking price, and it will still be worth quite a bit in another 5 years.

GoPappy likes this.