Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed lately that there is some john deere dealers putting the new jd ztrs 800 series on ebay. most of them have less than 100 hours. With all of the problems they are having it is a shame they are dumping them on people that don't know about all of the problems. I guess that they are trying to cut their losses.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I was told by an employee at a John Deere crooks, I mean dealer that they are having a crap load of problems with them and parts were almost non existant. He said they had parts backordered for over 2 months. However, he did not elaborate on what problems they were having. Once again, screw you John Deere! I will say the best mower I ever owned was a 717 but that was the only one I was pleased with.

·
Registered
241 Posts
There's a few unfair statements here. From my understanding, the "parts" issue is simply the update kits that have needed to be developed to address the low power concern and the steering sensitivity issue, not a broad spectrum general parts problem. I can understand that it would take time to develop a fix and get it through the pipeline. As far as "dumping them" on e-bay to unsuspecting customers, I don't really get it. How is this any different than selling them on the lot? They should still be eligible for any updates that come along, and not everyone is unhappy w/ them. There are dealers selling used machines of all types and colors on e-bay, and I'll bet they aren't all the cream of the crop with no "known" issues. I won't be trading my 757 in on an 800 series, but in the right conditions and maybe with the update kit, they are certainly capable of getting the job done.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mr. Rain I understand that not all machines are perfect or even close but the 800 series jd hasn't been out very long and they already have update kits? Whatever happened to research and development? Test a product THEN release it to be sold not let you customers be the guinea pigs. I could hear it now: Sorry, your property looks like ****, My mower isn't cutting as it should and I haven't put the update kit on it yet. But isn't it a pretty shade of green?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.