1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere F687

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TSM07, Mar 19, 2007.

1. TSM07

TSM07 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have this mower and what are your reviews about it. I had one given to me to start my busines with 487 hrs. I really don't know if this is a good mower. What is everyone's onpinion?

2. deerelover

deerelover LawnSite Member

I have a 687. This mower does great. I like being able to get up under trees easier. It also has the deck which turns vertical to make the blade changes faster. The only drawback that I have seen is that it takes up a lot of space on the trailer b/c it is so long. The main reason I use JD is b/c we have a super dealership within 15 miles of my house. Hope this helps.

3. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I also have 1 with 1200hrs on it , does real good on hills better than my ferris I think its a great machine

4. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

If it is free, it is great!!!!! Doesn't matter what model it is. It took me $12,000 to get into the business and i have figured out already that i need some more stuff (bigger blower, bigger trimmer, ect). Take advantage of the gift and use it till you need another one.