John Deere Gator Aftermarket Accessories

zero_turn_mowers

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a John Deere Gator 6X4 and was wondering where to find some aftermaket accessories, I will be using it primarly for lawncare (No Hunting), I looked on Ebay and saw one guy that fabricates his own items for Gators, I would like a few just for comparison, any help would be appr. Thanks in advance.

Tim

OP
Z

zero_turn_mowers

LawnSite Senior Member
BTW how many of you guys use Gators, Mules, Polaris Rangers or anything like this with a dump bed in your business. Do they work well for you, I just bought this Gator and wanted to give it a try, I really like it for now it might be that its just a new toy. It is a Trail Gator 6X4 Desiel electric dump bed.

Tim

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have a 6x4 diesel Gator. Most of the accessories I've purchased from the dealer. I have bought a few items for the Gator on eBay .There is however another fellow besides Hunterworkscom that sells Gator parts. I'll have to due a search to find his name. I have about a dozen add-on items to the Gator. One of the better options is the power dump bed. Great for mulch jobs. I'll get back to you.

lazer 46

LawnSite Senior Member
I just bought a Kawasaki Mule. Primarily for around my own house but if the need arises to take it on a lawn job(mulch,cleanup) I'll use it. Another toy, but don't tell my wife, I convinced her this is something I really needed.

JRSlawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I got a JD 4x2 with a curtis cab and a 72in snow plow. I love it but dont use it much any more. The thing only has 314hrs on it. would love to sell it to get a new ztr next year. If any one is intrested in it please let me know.

P.S I have tons of pics to share

Thanks
Jeff Smith
JRS Lawn & Landscape

OP
Z

zero_turn_mowers

LawnSite Senior Member
Bob, what kinda stuff do you have on your Gator, Hunterworkscom is the only guy I seen on Ebay selling stuff for the gator, I bought a 3000lb winch from Ebay yesterday to put on the gator it is prob. a overkill but I was thinking if I ever pull up any shrubs etc. it would be handy, I am like lazer 46 I convinced the wife I needed it for lawncare.

Tim

1145JohnDeere

LawnSite Member
I have a 4x2 Gator. Great for spraying roundup along fence rows for some of our industrial props. Also use it with a 50 gal LESCO sprayer on some lawn apps. Use it to haul bagged mulch and debris on spruce ups.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Originally posted by raptor_1970
Bob, what kinda stuff do you have on your Gator
Factory options are,
bed liner
HDAP tires
floor mat
cup holder
chain guards-highly recommended
regular tow hitch
class 1 tow hitch
bumper
brush guard
fender guard
power dump
windshield - still in box
horn button- no horn yet

non-factory options are,
wooden sides
Piaa driving lights
tow rings
12 volt outlet
rear light-for loading at night
kryptonite lock

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I almost forgot, the other guy on eBay that was selling Gator parts is "Firechicken2". But he not selling them anymore. He's selling water treatment products. Maybe email him to see if he has any more Gator parts.