Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a different hydraulic oil in their JD zero turns (700 series) other than the JD brand oil? The manual calls for JD Plus 50 15W-40 synthetic for the 727A. I thought I could save some cash and opt for same oil but that isn't from the JD dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I run Schaeffers 15W-40 motor oil in my 757's hyrdo, and my friend runs it in his 757 also. Same oil I run in my John Deere 997 diesel engine. Been doing this since 2002 no issues whatsover.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
I use Amsoil 15W-40 in my hydro on a 717A. The operator's manual and the Deere products are inconsistent, if I recall correctly. The product the manual recommends is not an available Deere product. That is how I got myself directed toward the Amsoil 15W-40 products. I've ran them three seasons, changing oil and filter in the off season. I don't run that much, only about 350 hours per season (use the machine less than half of my time, using a w/b the remainder).

The JD requires 8 quarts. It is a huge difference from my Exmark w/b, using 1 quart of Mobil 1, 15W-50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.