John Deere LED Work Light Kit install

jc46

LawnSite Member
I'm trying to wrap up the install of this light kit on my Z930M, but I'm finding what I think is a discrepancy in the installation instructions. The kit appears to be well made, the lights are nice quality, clean design, brackets, switch, harness, etc. seem to be good fit and finish.. Except for the wire harness instructions stating to connect to the main vehicle harness. The harness included in the kit has a connector that doesn't match up with anything on the mower.

See pic's below. Any suggestions? It seems crazy to go to all of this length to get a kit with a factory harness like this and end up splicing wires...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

OP
jc46

jc46

LawnSite Member
Yes, apparently they introduced this LED light kit around 2018 and made a change to the Harness on the mower to accommodate plug and play. So if your z is older than 2018, you will have to wire an alternate power source. I ended up ordering a nice automotive style water proof harness / connector off of amazon that had an in-line fuse and connected to the battery. Worked great.

OP
jc46

jc46

LawnSite Member

z930m

LawnSite Member
Thank you for the information yes mine is a 2017. John Deere said they superseded the part and cannot get the older one anymore. I will get the harness and finish the hook up. Thanks again