1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere M653, Need Buying Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboyblake, Feb 26, 2004.

1. lawnboyblake

lawnboyblake LawnSite Member

Hello ya'll!
    I'm new to the site but have been mowin for quite a few years with the old 214. I'm lookin at gettin a newer ztr mower. My local dealer has a 2000 M653 with 740 hours on it. It has been sitting outside for quite a while but it starts up and runs great. The side of the deck that does the trimming isnt even scratched up hardly any. I was very surprised when I saw that. It was a repo unit from the North Carolina area. I know this for a fact cause he bought it there and brought it up here. He wants $3500 for it and says he really cant take any less. What do you guys think about this deal? I want to get a descent machine for about $3000, should I go with this one? I just want to tell you all that this is a great site to get information off of. Thanks a lot.

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Haven't kept up with Deere prices in awhile, so I can't help you there, but welcome to the forum!

3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new M653 new in 02 for about $6500. It only has 122 hrs. on it and I am guessing it would sell for around $4500 now. If it is mechanically sound $3000 sounds like a decent deal. Since it is a repo though, I would be hesitant on the condition of it.