1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere or Scag

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ShaneysLawnCare, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

I know a lot of people are against Deere, but I know a lot against Scag, and as I am looking for either a hydro walk 48" or a small ZTR 48" I wanna know what you all think what I should get.

Deere or Scag
    and what model

P.S. NO ARGUING PLEASE :) just good honest opinions, maybe cut quality pics also

2. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Scag tiger cat 48". Deere something like a z737 with a 7iron deck. Both have a nice cut. Personally i would lean towards scag
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

they are both great brands personally i like scag. go to your dealer and demo both units and see which one is better for you. goodluck

4. A.T.G LAWN CARE

A.T.G LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I HAVE A QUESTION ALSO 52in exmark lazer e series for 8,300 or 52 in snapper pro for 7,000 im 16 and very experienced in the industry, cutting grass for 8 yr with my dad now im doing so one my own. and cant spend more than that,,, what do i get ???

5. AuburnHort2005

AuburnHort2005 LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Scag............

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

SCAG SWZ Hydro walk.

In my opinion if you can only use a ride on ZTR that's just 48" wide, your better off walking than riding. You'll get finished quicker and have a much more versatile and cheaper mower.

The 48" SCAG WB is also a nice unit to have as you get bigger and have big ZTR's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. A.T.G LAWN CARE

A.T.G LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I was going to buy a exmark metro36 with bag and sullky and one of the zero turn for larger properties tho.

8. ShaneysLawnCare

Id personally say go get a John Deere 720a or the exmark, DEFFINATLY not the snapper, just my thoughts on that one
    pm me if you have any more questions, I might be able to help out with

9. ShaneysLawnCare

Ive got a Z925A for the bigger acounts, but I was curious, cause for a walker Ive already got my little idy bity 32" John Deere (for gates mainly) and need somthing for some tighter spots on bigger yards, i dont do many small town yards alot of 1 acre lots

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

52" WB then?
    Posted via Mobile Device