John Deere Quiktrak drive belt only lasts 250 hours

Northwest

LawnSite Member
Our Quiktrak 636m breaks the drive belt (pretty clean break every 250-300 hours)
Replaced 3 in the first 900 hours.

There is no noticeable were on these belts.

The break is a pretty clean not where the factory joins them.

John Deere says this is NORMAL are you kidding me no other hydro mower has
broken a drive belt in the first 1500 hours.

MattCurbAppeal

LawnSite Member
When I was growing up John Deere was the standard. Today, they are still sturdy machines and more reliable than your basic box brand tractors, but when something does breakdown on them just shoot yourself in the head and say the aggravation.

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
When I was growing up John Deere was the standard. Today, they are still sturdy machines and more reliable than your basic box brand tractors, but when something does breakdown on them just shoot yourself in the head and say the aggravation.
QuikTraks aren't made by John Deere.

OP, is this the dealer or someone from Deere? Because that's just nonsense.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I would cal JD corp and tell them that one of their dealers is advising you that the life of your belt is only expected to be 300 hours. Give them the name of the fool that told you that too.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Hmm, didn't even pay attention to the type. I was referring to John Deere's part suppliers and dealers anyway.
What's wrong with their parts suppliers and dealers other than the fact that they have some ignorant guys working their just like any company does in their dealerships?

Very few places have in stock as many parts as JD and fewer still can or will get them to you as fast if they are out of what you need.

OP
N

Northwest

LawnSite Member
QuikTraks aren't made by John Deere.

OP, is this the dealer or someone from Deere? Because that's just nonsense.
Dealer replaced two belts under warranty and the third one said I would have to pay.
I called John Deere to complain they called the dealer and the mechanic told them he couldn't find anything wrong.
Then the representative from John Deere told me this is normal and is a wear item!
Had them open a case up with John Deere to resolve but Deere is doing nothing two weeks later.
They have had the mower for 3 weeks replaced the belt and charged me $280.20 to diagnose "nothing is wrong with the mower" cannot find a cause for breaking the belts and replace the belt.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Dealer replaced two under warranty third one said I would have to pay called John Deere to complain they called the dealer and the mechanic he couldn't find anything wrong. Had them open a case up with John Deere. They have had the mower for 3 weeks replaced the belt and charged me $280.20 to diagnose "nothing is wrong with the mower" cannot find a cause for breaking the belts and replace the belt.
I'd try a different dealer in that case. I know I had some serious problems with one several years ago, got in touch with a big shot at JD (wasn't supposed to get his contact info, but someone that didn't know better gave to to me and I took advantage of it) and he got right into it immediately and sent me to another dealer and problem solved right away. The big shot let the second dealer know what was happening and asked him to take care of me right away and correctly.

OP
N

Northwest

LawnSite Member
I would cal JD corp and tell them that one of their dealers is advising you that the life of your belt is only expected to be 300 hours. Give them the name of the fool that told you that too.
It was John Deere representative on the phone that told me this see my reply above.
That is what's pissing me off!