1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Scamper HG ????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daleman, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Daleman

Daleman LawnSite Member

I just saw an ad for a John Deere Scamper HG 15hp 36" advertised for $3499. Is this a good deal? I am planning on starting my own solo op and feel this would be a great mower for small yards. Please give me any input you guys have on this type of mower. Thanks in advance!!

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I love my Scamper made by Great Dane. Not sure if JD changed the controls, but I have the 48" 14hp Kaw engine and I paid $3700 I think about 2.5 years ago.

3. Daleman

Daleman LawnSite Member

Only one reply so far??? Come on guys help me out!!

4. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a GREAT DANE scamper w/ D loop controls. They are idiot proof, but I hate the HG controls just like a belt drive. Actually I don't think there is a better w/b on the market for anyone any size. Prove me wrong.
    Yes great deal and Amazing financing, but look more at their 48" if you only have 1 comm. mower.

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Yes i saw that dane scamper thats a great buy,considering the Scag 36 Hydro is around 4600K, i had to take a double look, They had a variety of the new 2002 walkbehinds in the February issue of Turf Magazine. Looks like they haven't changed colors yet. Marks Mowing Service