Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new John Deere striping roller installed on my 757. Here is some pictures for you guys. Here is the kit.

Musical instrument Asphalt Grass Concrete Composite material

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
picture #2 left side

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Green Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
picture #3 right side

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Green

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:drinkup: :cool2: I asked my dealer about it a couple of months ago and they said they will give me a call when they hear about them.

I guess it's time to take a trip to the dealer. Do you have the item number incase they havn't heard about it yet? Also, do you mind sharing the price ($200 is what I formerly heard).

Looks like it was pretty easy to install?

Looks good. Soon we'll be able to lay down some stripes:)

Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh, installing the roller was simple, took about a hour. I paid $315 for the kit and the part # is TCB10802.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by NCSULandscaper
Absolutly incredible that they can charge $315 for $15 of materials.
While the $315 price tag seems a little inflated, I believe other manufacturers charge about the same. While I could have bought a roller and made one myself, I don't think I could have found a roller as heavy duty and greasable like this one for $15 .

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by SCAPEASAURUSREX
Is the roller able to float with the turf or is it fixed on the deck not able to move up and down ???? and how heavy is this thing ??
The roller is fixed to the deck. I looked at the shipping weight on the box and it says 35lbs. I think it will do a good job, just have to weight and see.:)

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
yeah it is. Given the benefit of doubt, still a lot for $50 worth of metal.

·
Banned
3,256 Posts
There are some things I can see buying rather then building (for example, I bought an EZGate rather then build one), but $315 for a roller is insane!.

I would definately build one.

Good luck with it anyway.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its one thing to make a living, but its another for highway robbery.
JD isn't the only one charging $300 for a striping roller, I believe ExMark does the same thing.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by gogetter
There are some things I can see buying rather then building (for example, I bought an EZGate rather then build one), but $315 for a roller is insane!.

I would definately build one.

Good luck with it anyway.
I'm the other way around. I built my gate lift but I bought my roller.lol

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i built my own for $30 and it looks almost identical to the one in the pic. However i would go and buy a gate lift assist though.
Do you have a pic? Where did you get your roller, greasable?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do you adjust the height? Mine has zerks in both ends and the walls of the roller are 1/4 inch thick. The company I used to work for bought those rollers from McMastercarr for their conveyor systems and the walls would dent easily. Looks good though.:)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.