• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

John Deere WB's

Mowman

LawnSite Senior Member
Saw a 36" Belt WB at a dealer. Looked to be like new. Asking price is $1795.00. Anyone know what this machine is new? Can a mulch kit be installed on this unit? Is anyone using this machine? Please Help. Thanks. Mowman

Bobby

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey Mowman. I had one, got rid of it. Would not eat leaves. Only deere blades fit it. Cost new 2400.00 It was built like a tank. It seemed to be a bit long also.Hard to back up in neutral.<p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla

pottstim

LawnSite Senior Member
Mowman,<br>Bobby is right on that one. I saw that walk-behind on Deere's webpage last night. It retails for 2400. Hope this helps.<p>Tim

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I have used a GS 25 for about 4 years. 36 with 12.5 kaw. It cuts great! Built like a tank. No mechanical problems. Not very good for leaves, but why would you attemp to use a 36 walk for leaf work?

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I have used a GS 25 for about 4 years. 36 with 12.5 kaw. It cuts great! Built like a tank. No mechanical problems. Not very good for leaves, but why would you attemp to use a 36 walk for leaf work? <br>I paid $2,200 for it new.

klc

LawnSite Member
had gs 25 for 4 yrs<br>worked great for leaves if you make a circle shape at keep cutting them time and time again<br>Had a fried make a multching kit for it worked great this past spring for spring clean up but keep the blades sharp

klc

LawnSite Member
had gs 25 for 4 yrs<br>worked great for leaves if you make a circle shape at keep cutting them time and time again<br>Had a fried make a multching kit for it worked great this past spring for spring clean up but keep the blades sharp

lawngator

LawnSite Member
I bought one last year(new). I haven't had any problems with it, but it's just my trim mower. It doesn't get used all the time. I agree that it is a bit too long. Overall, it's a descent machine. Mine has the 13HP Kohler and it seems to do the job.<br>Bill

Lance720

LawnSite Member
I run a 36&quot; John Deere with a kawasaki motor and have been very happy with it. With the prefabed deck it does not seem to disperse clipping like I would want but for the most part I bag all my clippings anyway.