John Deere wiring schematics

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fixer67, Jun 7, 2011.

1. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I work in a small engine shop as most of you know by now.
    We work on John Deere mowers for time to time but we are not a John Deere dealer.
    There is no place on line for John Deere wiring schematics.
    I was wondering if anyone on Lawnsite that can get John Deere wiring schematics would be willing to help.
    Here is what I am asking. From time to time I would call you from work and give you the model number and you could fax the John Deere wiring schematics to me at the shop.
    Now as John Deere would not like this I can understand why most would not help me on this.
    I would not be calling every day for John Deere wiring schematics, maybe 10 or 12 times a year.
    Any one willing to help just PM me as you may not want everyone to see you replying to me.
    I hope this does not go against the T&A of Lawnsite in any way. Thank You

2. OP
    OP
    fixer67

GX132004079 any help on wiring?

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Fixer,

I can't find anything with that number, Not on JD's site or a general search.

Where did you find that number on the unit ?

Is there a model number on the side of the unit like GX255, GX325, GX335 or GX345 etc. ?

4. OP
    OP
    fixer67

Maybe pictures will help. I could not even find anything at all on the JD web site. I did find it on the net listed as GX1320. Something keeps over loading the regulator. There is no battery on this unit and even with the PTO clutched switch off and unplugged there is a power load of over 10 amps but I can not find out what is pulling the power. The wiring harness is wrapped in plastic fishnet and short of cutting the whole mess out and starting over I am at a lose. A wiring schematic would sure be nice. The regulator bench test OK using the Kohler tester. There is a short that keeps killing the engine unless you unplug the safety relay.

Need help.jpg

06-08-11_172953.jpg

5. Restrorob

OK Fixer,

Sorry it took so long, Those numbers seem to be useless so it took some time to ID it from your pic.

I was able to find what I believe to be that unit;

[​IMG]

And here's the recoil start schematic;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I happen to have the FULL service manual on CD for this unit if you need any other info.

Good Luck

6. OP
    OP
    fixer67

Restrorob
    Thank you very much.

7. Brunobear

Brunobear LawnSite Member
    from Boston

I have the same mower that every time I engage the gear to any 1 thru 5 it dies? Any help ? Thanks

8. Restrorob

Check your operator presence switches on the handle bars, You may try swapping hands and hold the other side from where you normally do and shift with your other hand.

9. Brunobear

Brunobear LawnSite Member
    from Boston

it has to be a short some where, all wiring is in tact. It was working perfect one day and then the next day stopped working. Thanks for the advice though

10. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Bruno....I believe you're looking for a bad switch...not bad wiring....
    There's a good wiring diagram in this post....follow it to the problem....
    Posted via Mobile Device