• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

John Deere Z445 or Z920

psdnate

LawnSite Member
So I've decided on getting a john deere. I was looking at the Z445 which is a residential. It's price is $5099 with 0% financing for 12 months. But then I stated looking at the commercial ones. The Z920 is $8475 with 0% financing for 42 months. Both will be the 54" deck. I was gonna go with the Z445 but I started thinking and with 0% interest for 42 months that sounds like a good deal. What do you guys think? What's your opinion on these ztr's?

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
I would not go with the z445, that won't last you nearly what you will want. The 920 would be a much better choice. Now, there is the 520 option, it's deere's estate series mower. So its somewhere inbetween the 445 and 920. But it will also be about $1200 cheaper than the 920. So that is alway an option. If I were you, I'd be deciding between the 520 and 920. But either way the 920 will be best.

OP
P

psdnate

LawnSite Member
Yeah I think I'm leaning more towards the 920. I didn't want to spend that much but if it will last a lot longer it will be better in the long run. Thanks for the replies guys!

wildncrazyguy

LawnSite Member
Is that a special deal or are they that much cheaper in PA? It might be worth the travel if so. The Z920 is like 10K+ here. Also 42 months 0% is awesome. I'm only finding 0% for 24 months here in NC. :{

mobileboy

LawnSite Member
one thing to keep in mind; the 920 rolls around with 1300lbs of lawn-crushing heft, while the 445 (with HC deck of course) rolls around with only a little less than 800 lbs.