John Deere Z920a

cspoon

LawnSite Member
Hi all, I'm getting ready to purchase a new ZTR and have decided on the z900s from JD. My local dealer is offering a special (almost 1000 off discounted price) for the Z920A with 60in deck. He says that the 56in deck is actually more right now (as this was my first choice). Anyone have any cons for this machine as opposed the smaller deck? Thanks.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i have the z920a 54" deck. i got it for $7900 last spring. how much are they selling the 60" for? do you plan on running a bagger? if so i think the 26hp engine wouldn't have enough power to bag with the 60" deck very well. if you aren't gonna bag it should be fine though. the only real con is there will be some places it will not fit from time to time.

LawnCareNoobie

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi all, I'm getting ready to purchase a new ZTR and have decided on the z900s from JD. My local dealer is offering a special (almost 1000 off discounted price) for the Z920A with 60in deck. He says that the 56in deck is actually more right now (as this was my first choice). Anyone have any cons for this machine as opposed the smaller deck? Thanks.
I have 925A with 60" and 27 hp motor does well for my personal mowing needs. I can't think that one less hp would make much of a huge difference. If you think you got yourself a solid deal than go for it.

OP
C

cspoon

LawnSite Member
$8200 for the z920a with 60" deck, or add about $1000 for the 54" deck. Really this pricing makes no sense, all I can figure is the they purchased the 60" deck models last year before the 2012 price increase. I'm not planning on using a bagger right now just regular mowing duty.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
when i bought mine the dealer had 27hp 60" for $1000 more than the 26hp 54" deck...they didn't have any 26hp 60" deck mowers. any of them will do a great job. you will like it alot. :)

bel-nor

LawnSite Member
There is currently a Bonus $300 coupon on the Z920 60in from John Deere that makes me think John Deere wants to move these models. Your dealer is probably discounting on their end also. This will probably be a good deal....do your price comparison with the local dealers. Go for it they are priced good and cut good.

OP
C

cspoon

LawnSite Member
Thanks guys. I appreciate the feed back. I've checked prIces and my closest dealer wants $9000, but a dealer about an hour away in Nashville gave me the $8200 price. Planning to pick Saturday. It ashame the grass isn't growing here yet. :)
Posted via Mobile Device