• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

John Deere's new 7 ironII Deck??

greengiant9963

LawnSite Senior Member
I have read a couple articles online about the new deck design. Have they actually come out yet at the dealers? Is there any site that has pics of the deck? Thanks.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don't know the info your looking for but was wondering if you might please post links to the articles you've read. . .

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes, please indicate where you heard of this new deck.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
I've seen it online and in a magazine. It looks the same on the outside other than some anti-scalp reinforcements. No inside pics... and the articles sucked.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Didnt they have to just raise the blade speed on the 7 iron??

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Here is a better shot of it.
Looks pretty much the same.

MMLawn

LawnSite Gold Member
It also has slight baffle design change

And yes the outside of the deck looks the same except minor changes on the a-s wheel brackets

Tonyr

LawnSite Bronze Member
I was told my new side discharge 997 arrives for a demo on friday, on deere's website it says the 997's come out with the 7 iron 11, so I'll have pics to post friday night, and a report.

yes, owner of the dealership got involved with my saga and has got things happening, he is buying a side discharge model in....if I like it and it doesn't choke up the screen as fast and get hot, I keep it, clean swap.

Can't ask for more than that!

Anyway, friday I'll have pics and report for yas all going well.