Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where this fits in.

I often see a pic of John's amazing stripes at his house. John, I'm curious, do you have any kids? If so, do you let them walk or play on that beautiful lawn? Is anybody allowed to walk or play on that lawn?

I get some really nice stripes on my lawn, but after the kids start kicking the ball around it kind of loses the effect.

· Registered
499 Posts
Hey John I have thought about moving back to Ohio to have some grass to stripe because the st. aug here just won't look like that and the bermuda looks good but won't stripe at all. Keep it up and I will relocate ( as soon as my wife well she is from here and is scared of the cold).

· Registered
11,794 Posts
Am I having a senior moment or is the pic below John's name in his avatar and this photo with the patio on the front lawn 2 different homes? BTW, both show some super stripes...

· Registered
14,229 Posts
Rodfather
Thats my mothers house or the back of it. here is a pic two weeks ago of the front of my house.
Zoysia lawns will stripe,but it is faint. you will have to go over it a couple of times.
John

Building Plant Grass Land lot Tree

· Registered
4,002 Posts
John you said that you would have to go over them a couple of times well you will proply think i'm nuts but i can get stripes that look almost as good as yours with a Toro 22" on Zoysia

And don't worry the pic's still looks great

· Registered
11,794 Posts
Originally posted by John Gamba
Rodfather
Thats my mothers house or the back of it. here is a pic two weeks ago of the front of my house.
Zoysia lawns will stripe,but it is faint. you will have to go over it a couple of times.
John
Thanks JG...I was gettin' kind of scared and thinking I was losing it big time!!!

· Registered
14,229 Posts
What kind of grass? Its cool season like bluegrass. I just got the house in march, it was never taken care of by the old owner. He had it three years. i've got alot of work to do like over seed and mulch beds. I hope you like the new pics next year.I also had a very hard time with weeds. Thank god for lesco.
John

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.