JRCO aerator question

TheBigGW

LawnSite Member
I have a chance to buy a 2 yr old JRCO soft plug aerator for 700 and i dont want to pass. How do you guys like them give me the pros and cons please thanks for all your imput on this......

lbmd1

LawnSite Senior Member
You may want to ask member, humble1 about his experience with the JRCO plugger. Do a search under his name and send him an email. Don't want to post anything negative here second hand.

Mike

SDLandscapes VT

LawnSite Senior Member
good for wide open, good aeration qualities, seems to lose hooks fairly fast, requires ballast in the rear of the ZTR for traction otherwise get ready for the most terrifying ride of your life on even the slightest of inclines.

Turf Management

LawnSite Member
I used to run one on a 52" Toro Z500. I can't say I was that impressed. It looks like a fine unit to have but I had no ability to do a quality aeration job on residential lawns. There just wasn't enough room to get up close to the side of the house and in corners along fences.

I would suggest getting a standard core unit or if you have the funds, look into Toro's new ride on aerator that was previously owned by Lawn Solutions.