• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

JRCO Broadcast Spreader

Bowbender

LawnSite Member
Has anyone used a JRCO broadcast spreader mounted on a zero turn? I am thinking about getting one, but I would like to hear the pro's and con's first. Any advice would be appreciated. (Yes I am licensed)

Barefoot James

LawnSite Senior Member
Works great. How many lawns you got? If lot of big ones buy one if you got lots of small ones under 8 to 10 K just use a push. I spread lots of humates with mine at 20 to 40 pounds per 1000, so it works great but to spread synthetics it would be a waste of $$

macaw

LawnSite Senior Member
I have had one for 3 years works great cuts time by two thirds of a push type. I use it on all size yards even in my pastures. The speed control lets you Spread from 5 feet to 24 feet and the foot-operated gate is a very good plus.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
we had three b4 getting zsprays. they were very productive. downsides, your mower is going to rust. period. we did have someissues with bolts breaking that hold up the spreaders a few times to we welded them to solve the issue. you can use it on any yard as long as your mower will fit. it will make the mower handle way different and make it really front heavy, so hills are not joke, you have to know what you are doing or dont do them, especially if they are very steep. make sure to clean the gate very well after using or it will freeze up on you.

OP
B

Bowbender

LawnSite Member
Thanks for your replies everyone. Great information. I appreciate it.

americanlawn

LawnSite Fanatic
You may also want to consider the Spyker 120. Two of my friends chose it over the JRCO for their Exmark ZTR's. http://www.spyker.com

We've use a Spyker 220 for over ten years and love it. Never breaks down. Perfect pattern.