1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

JRCO Front Mount Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by LawnBrother, Nov 8, 2005.

1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Does anyone use the JRCO front end aerator attachment? What is your opinion of it? I'll need an aerator next year, so I am thinking about this product, but know nothing about it. Any opinions are appreciated!

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been wondering the same thing.......one thing i was concerned about is is it hard on the hydros?

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

well this is what I thought about it.
    I had one offered to me at my dealer in the box for 1190.00, thats a sizable mark down from the retail of 1800. I did not buy it. I didn't think I would have the performance I needed in the hard clay this year. I went out and bought a 60" tow behind that I throw about 200 lbs of sand bags on and I pull it with my Z, had no problems getting in to tight areas and had excellent penetration,
    I really didn't have the money for as good of unit as I wanted but, I was very happy with what I got and paid for itself several times over. I still have some jobs lined up that I told the people it is too late in the season and we'll have to hit it early in the spring.
    I didn't like the fact it has about 1 foot from front row of tines to the rear row and it dont work in reverse. (can't go up to a bed and drive away and do any good) I also didn't like the lack of down pressure and no way to add any, It dose look like a solid piece of equipment, but if you look at the way it is assembled it really don't seem to me like it would be effective if you have a lot of corner areas and it is not wide enough in my opinion, I was able to pull my tow behind at a very good effective speed and I could overlap passes on those that needed double aeration (all of them) FYI a Z can pull a attachment as well or better than a lawn tractor and with the aerator hooked up it was actually more stable on the hills.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I also went with a tow behind model for my 260Z. You can add or take off as much weight as needed for the properties. My Z is rated @ 1000lbs towing. I am about half of that with the weight and I got great results. I rent a small WB unit to get in the real tight areas and around houses