• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

JRCO Soft plug aerator

Administrator

Administrator
Go to the top under the banner and you will see the word &quot;search&quot; Use that feature of LawnSite.com. Enter the word JRCO and you will find past discussions on this product.<p>

Evan528

LawnSite Silver Member
my walkbehind bluebird aerater i bought this year. I only wish the jrco pull enough cores because i could aerate a lawn in half the time using a walkbehinf comerical mower rather than a 19 incher bulky aerater.

gene gls

LawnSite Gold Member
lawnnut: I bought one last month. I think its pretty slick. Used it on my lawn for pratice. You can go like hell with it, doesn't leave a bunch of plugs all over and if you want a lot of holes just go over the area a couple of times. I didn't hit any rocks or catch any roots so I don't know easy it is to break a tine. The unit is very heavy compared to its looks.I got the electric lift so I can raise or lower the unit as need be.

jeffyr

LawnSite Senior Member
I looked on the web to find the JRCO aerator, but could only find the dethatcher. What was the cost of the aerator? The dethatcher was selling for about $430 for a 42&quot; on a walk behind.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
Gene, I know you have a Walker, did you mount it to this unit? <br>Also what type of soil are you dealing with? I am in hard heavy clay and I am not sure if this thing would work when it is dry. Come to think of it I don't know if it would work when its wet either.<br>What did you pay is the other question? Thanks