1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

JRCO Soft plug aerator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnnut, Jul 16, 2000.

1. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

Will this product work, or is it all hype.

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Go to the top under the banner and you will see the word &quot;search&quot; Use that feature of LawnSite.com. Enter the word JRCO and you will find past discussions on this product.<p>

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i was looking at there wbsite last night. Its a great idea but the plugs are to far apart to do the job my walkbehind does.

4. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Evan, <br>you plug with your walkbehind ? Your post implies that it does a better job than the Jrco ?

5. Evan528

my walkbehind bluebird aerater i bought this year. I only wish the jrco pull enough cores because i could aerate a lawn in half the time using a walkbehinf comerical mower rather than a 19 incher bulky aerater.

6. jeffyr

Gotcha. I missunderstood. What was the cost of the bluebird, if you don't mind me asking ?<br>jeff

7. Evan528

i bought it used for 650 bucks... runs great and has all new tines.... new i think its $1900

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

lawnnut: I bought one last month. I think its pretty slick. Used it on my lawn for pratice. You can go like hell with it, doesn't leave a bunch of plugs all over and if you want a lot of holes just go over the area a couple of times. I didn't hit any rocks or catch any roots so I don't know easy it is to break a tine. The unit is very heavy compared to its looks.I got the electric lift so I can raise or lower the unit as need be.

9. jeffyr

I looked on the web to find the JRCO aerator, but could only find the dethatcher. What was the cost of the aerator? The dethatcher was selling for about $430 for a 42&quot; on a walk behind.

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Gene, I know you have a Walker, did you mount it to this unit? <br>Also what type of soil are you dealing with? I am in hard heavy clay and I am not sure if this thing would work when it is dry. Come to think of it I don't know if it would work when its wet either.<br>What did you pay is the other question? Thanks