Lawn Care Forum banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts
I love that Red Ford!!!!! :usflag:

i really like that cat skid. really nice thread man!

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Wow what a difference, great job.

How much time transpired between the two photos?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks

I believe it has been 2 years. It took over a year for the grass get back to where it should be. I have pictures of the rest of the property which was just as bad. Property is a little over 6 acres and took a total of 90 mh's and 7 loads of grass :cry:

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Yeah it was pretty crazy how thick the grass was. I was surprised it bounced back as fast as it did.

I'll try to get some pictures of the rest of the property this spring and I'll post the before pictures as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great equipment! That grass in the last picture wow what a difference. My last job we use to mow a radio tower not sure of acres maybe 4football fields? Or3, once a year and it would be pretty fun. Except all the snake guts that would fly everywhere.

Good luck this season!

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Great equipment! That grass in the last picture wow what a difference. My last job we use to mow a radio tower not sure of acres maybe 4football fields? Or3, once a year and it would be pretty fun. Except all the snake guts that would fly everywhere.

Good luck this season!
Thanks, we have a sanitary district we mow for and its the same with the snakes, moles, even turtles. The grass is so tall you can't see them until it's too late.

Good luck to you as well :waving:

Some serious mulch did you even use a wheelbarrow? Lol.

Ever considered a bark blower especially for the commercial accounts where it can be spread a little thin?
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #77 ·
Some serious mulch did you even use a wheelbarrow? Lol.

Ever considered a bark blower especially for the commercial accounts where it can be spread a little thin?
Posted via Mobile Device
No on the wheelbarrow :)

We used to do it with shovels and wheelbarrows out of the back of the one ton. Can't say I miss that.

We have considered a blower but for the amount we do and the investment I don't think it's feasible right now, hopefully in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

I knew there'd be a Ford comment thrown in :drinkup:

We have 2 new guys and I told them I was putting 3 mowers on the utility trailer and all they said was "they won't fit." Guess I proved them wrong :laugh:

The diesels are well worth the money IMHO, we started buying all diesels for the lower operating costs and longer lifespan. We started with a 54" Husky but the motor blew at 650 hours because of some of the properties we mow. Both Deere's are almost at 2k hours and we have done nothing except regular maintenance.
What issue on your properties caused the mower to blow up?

Never mind, I was able to find the answer a couple pages later.
Are you required to bag the fields? I could see that being a complete PITA, even with additional charges for bagging.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.