• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

juniper

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
I am renovating a small area at a local restauraunt and had to pull up some Juniper. I have another rest. that needs this Juniper. What is the likelyhood of transplanting this and it surviving? Its only been out a day right now and got plenty wet yesterday with all the rain. How would I re-install it? It doesn't have much of a root ball so will it "root" itself back in? E-mail me with info, I'd like to plant it today if it's gonna work.

Thanks

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
homer, after reading all your input on lawn site, im sure yur far more expeirienced than i, however, as far as the juniper i have personally removed, and transplanted a bunch of them this past summer i took very little care in removing them, and the work was done in extreme heat, and still they all lived and r doing well. BOBBY

OP
H

HOMER

LawnSite Gold Member
Thats what I wanted to hear! We took very little care in removing them also.............pulled em' up by the roots, but they are probably 3-4 yrs old and if they will live after transplant I have free plant material that I can sell to another customer:D

I like to kill 2 birds with one stone(no offense Larry)

Dennis

LawnSite Member
Homer
Juniper transplants pretty well, it is an evergreen however so be sure to keep it watered and use an acidic fertilizer.
OHHHHH yeah cross your fingers to.

Ssouth

LawnSite Senior Member
I realize my post is a little late, but in July I removed four Junipers from a clients home. Hoping I could reuse them I simply sat them in my flower bed at home and piled some mulch around the roots. They lived for over 30 days only being watered once a week. They ended up dying because I quit watering them.