• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

junk mail

meathead1134

LawnSite Senior Member
When I subscribed to your magazine I was looking forward to it coming in the mail but. Now I am receiving a decent amount of junk mail?? Y I have never signed up for anything before and now I'm receiving stuff with my company name in the mail soloticing me daily :realmad:

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
Thats why its free, advertizers pay for the mag in return they get your name and co. info to solicite you into buying there products.
Nothing is ever truly free.

daveintoledo

LawnSite Silver Member
you mean there really isnt a free lunch..... tell me it isnt so...

hey its a good magazine, kind of like a toy catalog for lawn care people....

kathyu

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi guys, :waving:
We very seldom give our list of subscribers to our advertisers, (and then usually only to promote an upcoming show or event you may be interested in) however we do rent out the list from time to time to companies which we screen carefully. We renew this list every 4 months, so if you would like your name NOT to appear on this list, just zap me an email and I'll code your account so it isn't pulled. (Next update due in Jan).
Sorry for any inconvience this may have caused! :angel:

turfmagazine

LawnSite Member
Jim @ TUF here.

Just to underscore what Kathy Upton has said, we don't aggressivelly market our subscriber list. And we don't just give your name to advertisers.

They'd love it if we would ... but we try not to get you buried in junk mail.

That said -- if you want your name withheld from anything, just let Kathy know via email. We can keep all junk mail away from you.

Varsity L&G

LawnSite Senior Member
On the nextel and the Credit card offers your get in the mail. Here is a way to have some fun and get back at them.

Take the little prepaid envelope they give you and stuff it full of what ever other junk mail you have laying around and mail it back to them. They only have to pay for the postage on it if you mail it back and over sized envelopes cost a little more. After awhile maybe they will listen.

KathysLGC

LawnSite Bronze Member
Varsity Lawn and Garden said:
On the nextel and the Credit card offers your get in the mail. Here is a way to have some fun and get back at them.

Take the little prepaid envelope they give you and stuff it full of what ever other junk mail you have laying around and mail it back to them. They only have to pay for the postage on it if you mail it back and over sized envelopes cost a little more. After awhile maybe they will listen.
LoL that's what I do!!!! I stuff them so much I have to tape them shut.

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
olderthandirt said:
Thats why its free, advertizers pay for the mag in return they get your name and co. info to solicite you into buying there products.
Nothing is ever truly free.
No offense to you, but for anyone to say something is free when ANYTHING at all (EXCEPT the product itself) gets involved then it is NOT free and should not and CAN not be labeled thusly. It's not only false advertising but bad business, and it may even be against the law but I don't know for sure.