• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Junkyard Wars - Giant Mowing Machines

Jet boater

LawnSite Member
For those of you that follow the Junkyard Wars on "The Learning Channel" (TLC), this Wednesdays episode is "Giant Mowing Machines". I think its on around 9 or 10 PM ET, after the "Steam Powered Cars" episode.

For those who have never watched, it takes place in a British junkyard, where teams compete to build a "machine of the week" in a period of 10 hours out of anything they can find in the junkyard.

Then the next day, they use their creations in a competition to determine the winner. It's great!!!

The losing team is eliminated while the winners move towards the finals.

D. Tom

SMB

LawnSite Senior Member
I watched my first whole episode(s) last week, its great! It was really funny to see a bunch of science teachers cut some of their metal 1 meter too short, and some other material 1/2 of a meter too short! (Sorry for the metric, but that's what they use)

dylan

It is a great show. The compressed air rugby ball launcher was great. Reminded me of my egg launching project from physics in highschool.

mdb landscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
it has to be one of the best shows out right now. i saw an episode where they built machines to knock down brick walls. im looking forward to that episode about the mowers. thanks for the reminder

Vibe Ray

LawnSite Senior Member
You all are very right, its a cool show. I watch it whenever I have the time. Giant mowing machine? Sounds cool! Thanks for the heads up Jet Boater!

cantoo

LawnSite Silver Member
Anyone else think the show is a little fake some time. The one where they built the flying machines and had to drop a bomb the closest to a target. The one team decided to build a hot air type machine and they "found" a full roll of the material they use to build ultralight wings in a locked car trunk. And the other team found a weed trimmer motor and built their machine around it before they even tried to start it. It wouldn't run so they put a battery drill onto it and it started and worked perfect from then on.... Seems a little far fetched to me. Oh yeah OJ Simpson was innocent too.