1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

just another kid.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheLandyman, Jan 13, 2008.

1. TheLandyman

TheLandyman LawnSite Member

Hi everyone my names Kris im 17 years old and im from medford, Oregon and last October i decided to start a landscape maintenance company it was a spur of the moment deal no real inspiration except a friend of mine who is 20 and owns a pretty good gutter company and he owns a house already. The name of my company is Landyman Landscape Maintenance. I currently own a 93 5.8 ltr ford bronco and a 6.5x10 trailer. i have an echo weed eater(brand new i honestly couldnt tell you the model at the moment) and 2 21" mowers a new husqy chainsaw and handheld blower. i currently only service 1 monthly account but ive stayed in business due to one time fall clean ups and mulch jobs.

I have a business lisence, and $1,000,000 liability insurance all through my own name and my parents are not linked to anything. Im workin on getting a Workers comp policy, and my DBA is in the process. This coming spring i plan to bump up to 20 accounts. and i have hooked up with a few property managers who i hope to do some work for.

I currently only pass out flyers and run advertising on my truck. This coming august i will have a 5"x 4.5" yellow book ad which i have already set up. I hope to get to know everyone here so that i can get good advice when needed.

Im currently a senior in high school and i have class from 8:45-11:12 so basically i work part time during the week and full time on the weekends if i have the work. I plan on going to college and getting a degree in landscape design, but first i would like to see how my first spring pans out.

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats, I am a senior too. It must be nice to get out of school that early! What kind of mowers are the 21 inchers? I am sure the yellow pages ad will help.

3. TheLandyman

TheLandyman LawnSite Member

one is a scotts mower and the other is a murray they were free and they run and they have sharp blades lol. Ya i have in school classes, then my 4th is a 10 minute seminar 1 time a month.